Google Reveals Its Testing

ret

Reaction score
Great concept. I wish this technology was pass the experimental phase.

i seriously doubt it will ever get past the experimental phase as nothing will replace human common sense and reasoning.

not everyone has those two qualities :icon_ devil:
Too true. I've actually found that Common Sense is quite lacking. I think that robots should serve more as a failsafe though. For instance if you're driving through a signal and some teenage girl is texting away not paying attention to the red light, then allow the robot to slow her vehicle to a stop until she resumes full control of the vehicle, which may or may not ever happen.

I believe Virginia Tech's RoMeLa actually designed a robot that they tested driving from Virginia to Georgia? I could be completely wrong about locations, however they did design a robot to drive on behalf of blind people. I'll see if I can dig up more info on it.

everstar80

Reaction score
Great concept. I wish this technology was pass the experimental phase.

i seriously doubt it will ever get past the experimental phase as nothing will replace human common sense and reasoning.

True these are values are irreplaceable but i feel that so many advancements in technology that can be utilized aren't because of cost of manufacturing and companies trying to make a buck. That doesn't sound like much reasoning other than infallible greed that stifles progress.