AT&T Covers 97% of Americans?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just saw this commercial.... Googleing reveals a lot of morons arguing about what the 97% number comes from, all I know is it's definitely misleading. Anyone have any idea?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I left VZW because I wanted an iPhone. Well, it did not take long for me to return to VZW. My opinion, the commercial is misleading it says AT&T covers 97% what it does not say is the coverage and percent is only on wireless not 3G.

Mike

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mean, I know their coverage is inferior. I'm just curious where this 97% number comes from. It's 97% of what that applies to Americans?

M

Matth3w

I just saw this commercial.... Googleing reveals a lot of morons arguing about what the 97% number comes from, all I know is it's definitely misleading. Anyone have any idea?
About as much coverage as the leaves that covered Adam and Eve's private parts.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they are saying that 97% of Americans can get access to the wireless network and Edge.

mleland215

Reaction score
AT&T covers 97% of Americans

Really? It's simply a lie. It's popular to lie on the internet, TV and other media. Most people think that they can put on a spin after someone calls them on it. You will see AT&T issue some disclaimer on that high percentage.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
MOST Cable, Wireless Corporations have misleading commercials.

FIXT

Google, Amazon, Yahoo are for Net Neutrality..

MOST of your media monopoly's like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner want to control your internet.. and are against Net Neutrality..

Google that..

Rayv

Reaction score
Statistics are a funny thing. They can be true, yet manipulated all sorts of very very misleading ways. They may very well cover 97% of Americans...IF those people all traveled to specific locations. Travel 2 miles to the left, now take 5 steps north, then 10 steps to the right....k you have coverage RIGHT there...don't move. You now count in our 97% of Americans covered. :p