Google UNDERWATER Street View

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I love this comment from the youtube link...

"This will be really useful for when Apple Maps drives you into the ocean."

Next to Google Search and YouTube, the search giant's maps product has become a resource on which millions of users have come to rely. This point was driven home recently when some users complained loudly about the omission of Google Maps as the default maps app within iOS 6. Now Google is boosting its comprehensive cartographic data by adding panoramic underwater Street View-style imagery to Google Maps.
The stunning images show off detailed underwater views that offer an immersive experience previously only available to scuba divers. A brief introduction video (below) reveals exactly how eye opening this new feature in Google Maps will be for most users.

[video=youtube;7syWPIZt9B4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syWPIZt9B4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Full story here...
Google Unveils Underwater Street View for Maps | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If I'm underwater in my car, the last thing I'm going to be worried about is where I am......I'll be more worried about getting back to the surface!
Besides, driving underwater is no time to get distracted by looking at my phone. I might run into a guppy, or a whale, or something! Does 4G even work at 45 feet? :)

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Does 4G even work at 45 feet? :)

No, I think it drops to 3g below 30' and 2g below 60'. At least mine did the last time I took my truck 4 wheeling in the ocean. :p