Google Releasing DIY "App Inventor" - App Creation Tool

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
A few people on this thread say they got it.

So how 'bout ya share with us what it's like? That demo is one thing, but what are the limitations of the App Inventor? What can it do that you didn't expect it to do? What doesn't it do that you expected it to do? What doesn't it do that you *hoped* it would do?

droid_mike

Reaction score
Nothing... not a word... even submitted my email address again... I'm hoping that posting here complaining will be the trigger that fixes all of this.

Billiard22

Reaction score
Nothing yet for me. Hopefully I can get the email, I'm really excited to see what can be done with it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the rumor of only dishing out 10 a day is true, I'd stop holding my breath.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this App Inventor is some sort of nefarious plot to assimilate posters in this thread. Every time someone says they got it they never post in the thread again!

;-)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this App Inventor is some sort of nefarious plot to assimilate posters in this thread. Every time someone says they got it they never post in the thread again!

;-)

lol i almost posted the exact same thing

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I am in finally. Not a bad tool. Takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you can really do quite a bit. Again, as someone else pointed out, its really not a substitute for the SDK. You cant edit code, or even view it, but at least you can get some basic ideas down and working.

solution

Reaction score
I got mine today and I gotta say the blocks are an amazing idea. Only thing is I can't yet figure out how to create my own blocks. After completing the pet the kitty tutorial, I tried changing it by trying to add a vibrate block along with the play sound block. I got a caution flag that said I need to define the duration in millisecs by using a block piece, but I couldn't find such a piece. Its like I'm back in kindergarden and I'm stuck looking for the white triangle shaped lego to complete my space ship, I love it!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sandmanLA

Reaction score
hmm, I wonder what the difference in terms of quality of work,, would it be with the diy app creator,, and other developer companies,, whether u go get some coders from india, or use mobi interactive, or even pennie apps.

if the market for these apps grows increasingly, sort of like the iphone, then will apple make one as well??

droid_mike

Reaction score
I'm convinced that I'm the only person in the world who hasn't gotten this yet. Is there anyone else out there still waiting?