Google Maps Update

LT*

Reaction score
Wricks, the link in the O/P is actually a Market link and needs to be used from your phone's browser, or just search street view in the Market

This is what I did and it installed no problem.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Shadyw

Reaction score
Both worked fine for me using "Market" on the Moto Doid Before Droid X and Droid2).

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Maps updated and Street View working. This is an awesome update. Places, Layers, and My Location on the main screen. Search has that instant update. Walking in street view is really cool. I will get some good use out of this in New Orleans next weekend

Bing who?

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wricks, the link in the O/P is actually a Market link and needs to be used from your phone's browser, or just search street view in the Market

Tried it from the phone with the link in the OP, No luck. Tried from the market after reboot and still no joy.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems there is always problems with Google Maps and it's Affiliates :blink:

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Tried it from the phone with the link in the OP, No luck. Tried from the market after reboot and still no joy.

have you checked to see if you have a previous version installed already? I did and I had to remove that first, then do the reboot. Titanium backup showed me I had one installed and it uninstalled it for me.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Think it has to be installing in /system/app, I'm trying that now..

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Sorry for all the reposts, but I found this in the comments

"...problem installing on non-stock roms. Delete street.apk from system/app, reboot, and try a again."

"CM users,...get apk at my link and Push to /sysmte/app over old apk...
http://db.tt/dag0rc0 "

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I uninstalled street.apk and removed it with root explorer, rebooted and I still can't get it to work. I can't click on "Open". Uninstall is my only option.

Grindio

Reaction score
help

thnx or the street apk but would someone be kind of posting the maps 4.5.0 apk too plz? i have a a problem wit my rom and keeps telling me updated not signed and cant download from market, so i want to try pushing it to my phone manually
thnx

Sorry for all the reposts, but I found this in the comments

"...problem installing on non-stock roms. Delete street.apk from system/app, reboot, and try a again."

"CM users,...get apk at my link and Push to /sysmte/app over old apk...
http://db.tt/dag0rc0 "