Gmail - Not Syncing or No Connection

B00ST

Reaction score
Started today - Says I have no connection? Tried to reboot, checked in Accounts and Sync and that's all set. Some of my older emails are gone now??? Anyone else??? Better yet - anyone got a fix???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
B

B00ST

Reaction score
Started today - Says I have no connection? Tried to reboot, checked in Accounts and Sync and that's all set. Some of my older emails are gone now??? Anyone else??? Better yet - anyone got a fix???

It's probably something in your settings in Gmail. I've provided a link below. Check your settings and set up accordingly for your email. That should fix it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Confused on this.. Can't create an account that I am already logged into... Funny thing is on the Droid - it says I have 15 new messages in my inbox for Gmail - which is the right number - but there are only 2 showing and when I try to connect - says there is no connection.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

It's probably something in your settings in Gmail. I've provided a link below. Check your settings and set up accordingly for your email. That should fix it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Confused on this.. Can't create an account that I am already logged into... Funny thing is on the Droid - it says I have 15 new messages in my inbox for Gmail - which is the right number - but there are only 2 showing and when I try to connect - says there is no connection.

Are you rooted and running a custom ROM?

OP
B

B00ST

Reaction score

Since I have no idea what you are talking about...I am guessing no!!

Just rebooted and still the same... It's showing 17 in my inbox which is right, but when I try to connect - nothing????

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Since I have no idea what you are talking about...I am guessing no!!

Just rebooted and still the same... It's showing 17 in my inbox which is right, but when I try to connect - nothing????

Have you tried a factory data reset?

OP
B

B00ST

Reaction score
No - will that kill all my apps?? Whats the Bad to go with that???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You wont lose your apps. You'll just need to sign into gmail again.

OP
B

B00ST

Reaction score
Here's what I did ... and it looks like it worked...

Went into the phone settings... then applications then manage applications. Then pressed the phones menu button and selected the filters option. Changed it to display all. Then u can see gmail and gmail storage in the manage list. cleared their data and cache. Went back into gmail...and it downloaded all my emails.....

Any ideas on if this is a good fix or did it screw something else

Amarantia

Reaction score

Went into the phone settings... then applications then manage applications. Then pressed the phones menu button and selected the filters option. Changed it to display all. Then u can see gmail and gmail storage in the manage list. cleared their data and cache. Went back into gmail...and it downloaded all my emails.....

My Gmail started acting the same way over a few days and 4 flights of going in and out of Airplane mode. It just got to the point, like yours, that it was not retrieving or loading anything. The fix you describe here is exactly what I did with my X to get it to work again and no, there's nothing wrong with doing that since all it does is return the Gmail app to its default settings thus making it like factory again but just for that one app.

eagle1019

Reaction score

I agree, this soultion fixed my problem, thanks for figuring it out for all of us. dancedroid