Gingerbread X2

Qball32

Reaction score
Yep. Got it here in Nebraska at 1:30 am central. Wife's X2 did as well. Mine popped up, she had to go thru the menu.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Sounds like if you don't have it you just need to go into the menu and check for system updates. I was able to get Gingerbread this morning. The icons seem larger to me and the 3G and battery life icons in the notification bar are different. My phone was great out of the box in May so the other changes are pretty subtle so far for me.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
When GB hit my Droid X it was amazing how it improved everything about the phone. My X2 was already enroute and arrived days later.
Now that the update has landed on my X2..... I will keep playing and looking, so far not much of a difference.
Wasn't expecting a big difference because of the GB "appearance" right out of the box.
As long as the phone keeps doing its job (being a phone) I will be happy.

srvctec

Reaction score
Got mine this morning. No notification that it was available, just manually checked and it was there. Downloaded and installed fine. Loving the enhancements and especially the new cursor indicator when typing. Makes precisely placing the cursor EASY now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
Got mine this morning. No notification that it was available, just manually checked and it was there. Downloaded and installed fine. Loving the enhancements and especially the new cursor indicator when typing. Makes precisely placing the cursor EASY now.

Yep, I got it the same way this morning. Was excited to try it out and see if it solved the music stutter.

It doesn't.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

Thanks! That was what I was talking about, some enhancements aren't immediately obvious then a member points out one and it's like Wow, cool I did not see that. So, thank you for pointing that out.

leonard

Reaction score
Got mine this AM also. No notification either, checked and it was available.

How do you activate the numbers on the main keyboard?

wendee2150

Reaction score

To those of you who downloaded your update this morning or today: did you first do a factory reset? Or did you just hit the "git it now!" button?

Thanks!

Wendy

bradleonard

Reaction score
Hello

I have received the update, but when I attempt to install it, it says "installed failed"

I am rooted, I had some apps frozen. I did a factory reset before attempting install the OTA update. Do I need to not be rooted in order to install the update?

EvilTim

Reaction score
Hello

I have received the update, but when I attempt to install it, it says "installed failed"

I am rooted, I had some apps frozen. I did a factory reset before attempting install the OTA update. Do I need to not be rooted in order to install the update?

If you froze apps and the install failed they probably didn't unfreeze, you need to sbf back to stock, tutorials are on this forum somewhere, and if you want to keep root you don't want the ota update because there is no root exploit tool yet. There is a pre rooted update and there are tutorials for that too but you will still need to sbf to stock

bradleonard

Reaction score
So now that I have factory reset, I cannot simply Unfreeze those apps, correct? So I will need to SBF to stock in order to correct my mistake?

EvilTim

Reaction score
So now that I have factory reset, I cannot simply Unfreeze those apps, correct? So I will need to SBF to stock in order to correct my mistake?

Try it, flashing the sbf is easy once you figure it out, and it is something you will need to do eventually when messing with your phone with root. And I can guarantee the ota will go through if you do

cbrxcx5790

Reaction score
So I got my gingerbread download and everything went smooth and I have no problems so far and let's hope it stays that way.

bradleonard

Reaction score
So if/when I install the SBF on my phone and I get the OTA update to work, I won't have the ability to root my phone? That makes sense. How long does it typically take for the people who make those exploits to come up with a new solution to achieve root?