Any Motorola Official News About Droid X2 Being Upgraded to ICS?

dmgerbino

Reaction score
Has anybody seen any Motorola Official News About Droid X2 Being Upgraded to ICS?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wnrdx2

Reaction score
Nope not yet what's ur thoughts on it

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dmgerbino

Reaction score
When I got my Droid X2 during the pre-order period, I was confident this phone would ultimately get upgraded to ICS. Now, I am nervous it will not happen. I really hope I am wrong.

wnrdx2

Reaction score
I have to agree w ya on that one. Have u seen the ICS in action yet?

OP
D

dmgerbino

Reaction score
The only ICS stuff I have seen is the launch related videos. Have you seen any ICS in action?

wnrdx2

Reaction score
No sir u happen to know the official release

les017

Reaction score
I wonder if the X2 using Tegra chip, will be a factor? If its a no-go, then I'd guess this could be a major reason....and maybe even the true hard control buttons?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I wonder if the X2 using Tegra chip, will be a factor? If its a no-go, then I'd guess this could be a major reason....and maybe even the true hard control buttons?

No, the true hard control buttons won't be a problem at all and the TEGRA chip that's in the X2 is also in the XOOM which has been confirmed by Motorola to be getting an update to ICS.

Moto has confirmed 3 things that will get ICS:
  1. Bionic
  2. Razr
  3. XOOM
And they've said they'll announce more devices after ICS hits AOSP so Motorola can take a closer look at it. I think the X2 is pretty safe for an ICS update since the XOOM has the same TEGRA 2 chipset in it, so a lot of the heavy lifting getting ICS compatible with their TEGRA 2 chipset will have to be done anyway because of the XOOM.

Droid 3 is almost a lock as well since it's basically the same phone as the Bionic and Razr just without the 4G and extra 512 of ram. 512 is enough ram for ICS since google themselves said the Nexus S will be getting an ICS upgrade relatively soon.

So in short, logically yes, we should see an ICS update on then X2. I think it's gonna take a long time though; I don't expect to see it until February at the earliest. ICS is a huge upgrade, much bigger than the jump from 2.2>2.3 was.

wnrdx2

Reaction score
Cool Thanks for that Alcapwn89. How long have u had ur Droid X2

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think we will see ICS on the X2 in December

No you won't. Motorola said 6 weeks min after it first becomes available on a phone (Nexus) for the razr. With that release up in the sure there's no way the x2 will get ICS in Dec.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you won't. Motorola said 6 weeks min after it first becomes available on a phone (Nexus) for the razr. With that release up in the sure there's no way the x2 will get ICS in Dec.

I agree. It was over 5 months after GB was released before the X got GB officially. Even longer for the D2 and D2G

Boot Manager

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I agree. It was over 5 months after GB was released before the X got GB officially. Even longer for the D2 and D2G

Boot Manager

True, but I think it was because Moto did an overhaul on blur when releasing GB. Which I think held things up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums