Gingerbread X2

BetoVazq

Reaction score
Still waiting for the OTA update...anybody else still waiting?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
Yup still waiting, been several days now starting to think its b.s. that its going to everyone. I think its the test phase if anything about to give up on android altogether soon, the update process is absurd, waited forever on my og x only to do it all over again for the "latest greatest" android (when I bought it that is) to not even have a 2010 update when the d3 comes with it and the have identical hardware

droiddos

Reaction score
Droid 3 is a completely different phone hardware wise. The only thing they share is 512mb ram and the pentile screen pixel layout

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
And a dual core and the memory minus whatever ext sd card it comes with

OP
BetoVazq

BetoVazq

Reaction score
It better come today...tired of waiting..

Bipo1arBe4r

Reaction score
I'm in maryland and bought it within the week it was released so I don't even think if it is a mass release there is a rhyme or reason for who gets it when if you do I guess your just a lucky s.o.b.

srvctec

Reaction score
It is the official release to everyone, they just have to roll it out in a wave. I'd imagine if they rolled it out all at once, the servers would crash and people would be getting half baked updates that either didn't work or they would have to download again. Patience is a virtue.

BTW, I still haven't got the update, but from all the info I've seen, everyone should have it by the end of next week.

EvilTim

Reaction score
BTW, I still haven't got the update, but from all the info I've seen, everyone should have it by the end of next week.

Gonna be a LONG week...

If it bothers you that you havnt gotten it yet, download the link for the update file and install it using android recovery. It IS safe, it DOES work and you CAN SBF back to 2.2.2 safely, Ive done it myself.
Good luck!

gr8scott_o

Reaction score

Gonna be a LONG week...

If it bothers you that you havnt gotten it yet, download the link for the update file and install it using android recovery. It IS safe, it DOES work and you CAN SBF back to 2.2.2 safely, Ive done it myself.
Good luck!

Yeah, I have been reading all those threads on this and other forums. I just may do that.

EvilTim

Reaction score
Is it identical to the OTA update?

as far as i know from what i have read it IS the OTA update, it got leaked somehow, the version number listed on the zip will be identical to the version you are running on 2.2.2 but that is because motorola names their updates based on what version it is an update for, not based on what you are upgrading to. and remember you can SBF back to 2.2.2, i would *assume* that if you SBF back after they release the update to everyone you can accept it OTA. regardless, P3droid is going to release a pre-rooted version of the update that you can flash onto 2.2.2 using bootstrap recovery. It will load the update onto your phone with root already enabled. There is a thread on mydroidworld with instructions, everything is set but the links are not yet active, so you cant yet download it.

TnGranna

Reaction score
I did it!

I did it and it went well; very pleased. I have side loaded updates before (to Nook Color) but not to a phone. In fact I've only had the X2 for about 3 wks and its the first smartphone I have ever owned. I was very pleased from the beginning and continue to be so. So far I have used it mainly for a phone or texting so can't speak to the other issues, although I had noticed some lag in video before. Still I told myself the phone having video capibilities is a plus and not the mainstay. So I read and read and read some more; and with some trepidation followed instructions and it worked. No more frustated waiting and checking 10 times a day for OTA update. :) Thanks to everyone here for your great imput, opinions and experienced instructions.

berfles

Reaction score
Yeah, screw it. It's 8:15 and I still didn't get anything, I'm going through with the manual way now.