Gingerbread X2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by BetoVazq, Jul 30, 2011.

1. EvilTim

EvilTim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as far as i know from what i have read it IS the OTA update, it got leaked somehow, the version number listed on the zip will be identical to the version you are running on 2.2.2 but that is because motorola names their updates based on what version it is an update for, not based on what you are upgrading to. and remember you can SBF back to 2.2.2, i would *assume* that if you SBF back after they release the update to everyone you can accept it OTA. regardless, P3droid is going to release a pre-rooted version of the update that you can flash onto 2.2.2 using bootstrap recovery. It will load the update onto your phone with root already enabled. There is a thread on mydroidworld with instructions, everything is set but the links are not yet active, so you cant yet download it.

2. TnGranna

TnGranna New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did it!

I did it and it went well; very pleased. I have side loaded updates before (to Nook Color) but not to a phone. In fact I've only had the X2 for about 3 wks and its the first smartphone I have ever owned. I was very pleased from the beginning and continue to be so. So far I have used it mainly for a phone or texting so can't speak to the other issues, although I had noticed some lag in video before. Still I told myself the phone having video capibilities is a plus and not the mainstay. So I read and read and read some more; and with some trepidation followed instructions and it worked. No more frustated waiting and checking 10 times a day for OTA update. :) Thanks to everyone here for your great imput, opinions and experienced instructions.

3. berfles

berfles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, screw it. It's 8:15 and I still didn't get anything, I'm going through with the manual way now.

4. whodidthis

whodidthis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did it already but there is something wrong w/keyboard....everything else is looking good. Still tweekin with it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

5. berfles

berfles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed I can't do a long press on the period key to bring up the other options... it won't let me get to the second row.

6. whodidthis

whodidthis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, not having a problem anymore with keys...but did u notice on the battery usage screen the grey bar at the top??? not right!
    Speeds are the same as before though...

7. Captain Fafnir

Captain Fafnir New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same boat. Ordered the phone same day they went up for order back in May. My brother hasn't even had his a month and he is already rocking the Gingerbread. Oh well...anything worth having is worth waiting and/or working for.

8. ashclepdia

ashclepdia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had mine for exactly a month and no gingerbread. When I asked the guys at vzw corporate store they said that it should have been on there when I bought the phone. Clueless they had no real answer for me on timing of the push OTA

9. BetoVazq

BetoVazq New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I asked the guys at vzw corporate store they said that it should have been on there when I bought the phone. Clueless they had no real answer for me on timing of the push OTA[/QUOTE]

That's why I don't go to Verizon stores for questions they r just retarded!

10. MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know exactly what you mean man its so annoying!

11. mumfrey

mumfrey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm, so no one has gotten the ota yet? with all the talk around you would think it would have been posted for ota already. even with the talk of pushing in phases, no one has gotten the official ota yet. curious....

12. srvctec

srvctec Member

Ratings:
    +4
    No one? Plenty of people have gotten it, we each just have to wait our turn for it to show up on our phones.

Search tags for this page
gingerbread themes droid x2
gingerbreak crashes droid x2

how long does gingerbreak take on droid x2

why is gingerbreak taking so long on droid x2