Gingerbread for d2g

Droid2GlobalLover

Reaction score
I am waiting and waiting for the official or leaked version of gingerbread to come out. Could you guys help me out and give me an exact date or estimate of when its coming

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
anything you will hear will be a rumor. p3droid said he might be able to get his hands on one around the same time that the dx gb got leaked. it's a total guessing game right now.

OP
D

Droid2GlobalLover

Reaction score
Can you take a guess when the official one comes out

snowride20

Reaction score
My guess is tomorrow, but maybe the day after or 6 months from now. Maybe never, but these are just guesses. You would probably be better off getting a new phone with it preloaded. Keep guessing cause your guess is as good as mine.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Exactly. Honestly I could throw a date out there but the original date I guessed for gb on the x/2 is about two months past so its all up in the air.

tappin and a talkin

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just search. Theres already several thread around here on the matter, each containing speculations of release dates. Bottom line we can guess all we want, but unless you work for moto some how, then we dont know an official release. I would just sit back and enjoy Liberty or something on your D2G. As much as I wouldnt mind gingerbread, I am not aware of anything that is going to offer drastic changes to the phone outside of a bit of a performance increase. However if you ha Liberty, it would be a step down to go to an official D2G GB rom.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bottom line we can guess all we want, but unless you work for moto some how, then we dont know an official release.

mostly true except it is in verizon's hands mostly. word on the street is moto has presented finished gingerbread updates for their current line of phones that verizon has turned down. that's why there are three versions of gingerbread for the droid x floating around.

Raptor007

Reaction score
The last I read about the DX is it won't get GB 2.3.3 until the DX2 get's it so that could be months longer still.

clouse2013

Reaction score
The last I read about the DX is it won't get GB 2.3.3 until the DX2 get's it so that could be months longer still.

Shouldnt be that long because the X2 is being released in a week or so I believe. I think it should also come with Gingerbread. So if that's the case, it shouldnt be that long.

EDIT: I didnt do all the research before posting. I just looked at the specs for the X2 and it is gonna come with 2.2 and it said it will be upgraded to gingerbread at a date to be later determined. So.... looks like its still pretty much wide open when we will get it.

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I like how we keep seeing stuff about Gingerbread for DX in a D2G forum section in threads titled “Gingerbread for D2G” and the like.

Every time there's an update for such a thread I think “oh, must be news on 2.3 for D2G” yet it's DX again. What is this I don't even.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
DX2 is available today online and at BestBuy and non VZW shops (I've heard) so hopefully not too much longer!

OP
D

Droid2GlobalLover

Reaction score
Well the other day I was @ bestbuy and I asked the guy about ut gb for the d2g and he said that now that they have announced ice cream sandwich they will must wait for ice cream sandwich and put 2.4 in very close after the release of 2.4

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust a BestBuy employee on this.
Ice Cream Sandwich is slated for Q4, after all.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Why would we skip gb to ice cream sandwich? Moto has worked on a gb update for the d2 and dx and have said they are working on updates for the d2g. They didnt say gb specifically but this would be the logical update because I assume with the announcment of ice cream sandwich this means the code has just gone gold or very close to it, which falls on google since they devlope andorid then pass it on to the phone manufactuers to butcher as they see fit for the most part.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk