Getting Droid Razr Maxx on Saturday, need to be able to tether as soon as possible

Xproplayer

Reaction score
So I currently have a Droid 2 that i use fully, and I do like it. I don't have home internet access so I use the wireless tether app on the phone (rooted a long time ago). When I transfer over to the maxx I need to be able to get tethering working as soon as possible so that I can have internet access for school and work. Can anyone please fill me in on any non root tethering apps (wired or wireless) for out of the box tethering, and then tell me what the best way is currently to get wireless tethering (root or not, i don't mind) Thanks.

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
Well great. Thanks for the help guys. Any recommendations on what to do right out of the box? Such as set up xyx or remove an app or any other helpful tips.

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
Anything to know about this smart actions? I've heard a lot about it and don't want to misconfigure anything.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anything to know about this smart actions? I've heard a lot about it and don't want to misconfigure anything.

It's pretty straightforward and makes it relatively easy to not mess anything up. It has a lot of built in samples to help get you started as well. We're fortunate to have an actual developer from the Smart Actions team on our forum now. Check here, and make sure to read up on the guidelines before asking any questions. He just came on board, so the section is still pretty thin, but should be a good source in the future.

skipbl92

Reaction score

I am only using 2 smart actions: low battery & sleep. The past 4 days smart actions has been eating a lot of my battery up. I don't know why or if it truly is chewing up battery. I know that it has been in double digits on battery use.

skipbl92

Reaction score

naknak95

Reaction score
You're in luck. Go to the Play Store and download an app called FoxFi. Somebody has actually found a way to tether wifi without rooting your phone. This works perfect on my Razr MAXX. Only thing is it doesn't work on HTC phones.