What am i doing wrong that i cant tether to my ipod touch

AWDkid

Reaction score
So I'm trying to tether from my RAZR to my iPod touch. I downloaded wires tether for root users (yes I'm rooted) and turn the tether on. For some reason my iPod never recognizes my DROID. So I go into settings on DROID and click wireless tether enable
Try it that way and still doesn't recognize. Even tried Bluetooth still no go. I don't have to download something on my touch do I?

I searched but couldn't find any help

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I think you might find good info on their github. I don't tether unless its an emergency (cable goes out) so i don't have a lot of experience, but that is where i would suggest looking for up to date info.

Darvan

Reaction score
I use Foxfi (its free) and tether just fine to my ipod & ipad. I'm not rooted though...

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
X2 on Foxfi. I used to Bluetooth tether my iPad and iPod before Foxfi and that worked well, but not as fast as Foxfi

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use BT PAN.
You need to pair the two via BlueTooth.
You need to then go into system settings -> tethering and mobile hotspot and enable bluetooth tethering.
Go into general settings on the iPod and connect to the Razr.

You will now surf via BT. I connect my iPad to my Razr Maxx using BT PAN (BlueTooth Personal Area Networking) all the time. Also better than Wifi because the BT radio does not burn as much power.