using insurance on rooted RAZR maxx

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I recently just rooted my maxx with the jb update so that I could use the wifi tether hack and what do you know I cracked the screen yesterday.. So how do I unroot my phone if I even have to do so and also do I need to change the crack that I needed to do in order for the wifi tether to work? Please let me know thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The phone has something built in to keep track of root so even if you unroot they are able to tell you were rooted. Keep that in mind.

The easiest way to unroot is to use Matt's utility or fast boot back to stock. Wipe data along the way and this will get rid of root and whatever you changed.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I don't believe insurance cares if your phone is rooted. They send you a replacement and when they fix your old phone they reflash the OS and send it back out as a clnr (certified like new replacement).

So your saying I can send my phone to them rooted? Do you have experience with doing this?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If its insurance and not Verizon or moto then yea they don't care as long as you pay your deductable.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kooshie

Reaction score
I recently just rooted my maxx with the jb update so that I could use the wifi tether hack and what do you know I cracked the screen yesterday.. So how do I unroot my phone if I even have to do so and also do I need to change the crack that I needed to do in order for the wifi tether to work? Please let me know thanks

If you have SuperSu you can use it to unroot your phone.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are doing an insurance claim you can definitively send it back rooted. They don't care one bit.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for answering my question... Time to send her in

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies just got my replacement and already rooted it lol