Wireless Tether and the Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
this whole rooting thing....you are talking to a guy that has had nothing but flip phones and does blackberry support where you don't hack OS's.....rooting= void warranty. if I have insurance break it, got to go through that hassle of returning to stock and such, I would not tackle this less was sitting with someone who has done many times....how long does take to root one of these...10 mins...hoiurs? right now I have made 2 20 min. phone calls, updated 30 contacts, sent some mail used camera, I pulled off charger at 11 last night...19 hours later I am at 34%, so the root...would that help extend battery more or is that 19 acceptable so far?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Rooting is a pretty complicated process. The best thing you can do is read everything you can and decide if its something you are interested it. It's really not hard as long as you understand what you're doing. If you're not in a hurry I'm sure there will be a true one-click solution eventually.

And in reference to battery life, 19 hours is great. You can't expect the same battery life you'd get out of a flip phone or blackberry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1!

Rooting is a pretty complicated process. The best thing you can do is read everything you can and decide if its something you are interested it. It's really not hard as long as you understand what you're doing. If you're not in a hurry I'm sure there will be a true one-click solution eventually.

And in reference to battery life, 19 hours is great. You can't expect the same battery life you'd get out of a flip phone or blackberry.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got wireless tether apk installed on my bolt. Had to fix permissions because was force closing at first. But I did that and seems to work fine now:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...seems to me that I helped someone with that same issue a lil bit ago.....oh wait... Hahaha! ;)

I got wireless tether apk installed on my bolt. Had to fix permissions because was force closing at first. But I did that and seems to work fine now:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...seems to me that I helped someone with that same issue a lil bit ago.....oh wait... Hahaha! ;)

LOL, You mean meeeeeee????:rofl3: I got your pink/transparent on!dancedroid
Thank You DD:)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mayyybe ;) you're welcome hun!

LOL, You mean meeeeeee????:rofl3: I got your pink/transparent on!dancedroid
Thank You DD:)

hitechrr

Reaction score
tether works

dancedroidI have a rooted TB. Wireless tether didn't connect to the internet even when it said I have internet connection. I installed Barnacle and it works great on the TB.

Daethian

Reaction score
Wireless Tether doesn't work on my rooted TB either. Trying Barnacle now...

"Could not connect to NAT, will retry later" Then "Wifi manager is interfering, disabling Wifi manager"

Guess its not going to work either.

Did EasyTether ever fix their app? I paid for it and then like 6 months ago it just stopped working, their site was down and they stopped answering emails.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Nope my easy tether starts on the tb but does not start on computer just shows running but no option to connect

Sent from my Thunderbolt

rmcomer

Reaction score
I am running das BAMF 1.3.2 found on XDA with adrynalyne's newest kernel and wifi tether fix and am currently tethering my PC to my TB successfully.

snap20110403_164000.png

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
No ......my question is how does, or should I say why would Verizon charge you on a unlimited plan if the internet connection mode is used?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
I looked at my Verizon Account and I have to think that the Internet Connection mode will cost you if you use....maybe after 15 May, I know the Hot Spot free until 15 May, but are they combining that with ICM.....See the photo, how the unlimited is separate?

Data.jpg