Fusion ROM Beta (Gingerbread) - Droid Incredible

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
As for the Radio, no worries there, either haha.

That's what iheart radio is for.... Better reception, anyway.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Yeah tethering wasn't really working in 13. I tried it once and didn't even get as far as you did.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

csditguy

Reaction score
I don't think the FM app will make it in by then but I will add it in for the next round or before release 1.0. If it was just the app it would make it but there's more than that.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I, for one, would prefer you kept if lean and clean.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
When did you say 14 was coming out, sunday?

And any ideas on why sometimes my 3G icon is white and other times it's green? It doesn't change color when idle, I started using data and it stayed the same color, 3G works fine on either color too!

swankylaxplayer

Reaction score
Just flashed this. ROM runs really well, and seems like it would be fine as a DD. I restored Virtuous though until Beta 14 is out. Great job!

leemorgan

Reaction score
Quick Question

I just rooted last night and installed this rom, I am fairly new to this. Anyway I installed the Gapps and the Kernel, my question is where is the overclocking feature? Does it come with the Kernel or am I supposed to get one from the app store. Thank you for any help?

csditguy

Reaction score
updated 010810 - Originally posted in Team Fusion section for smaller audience test.

settings will need to be altered with SetCPU or Droid Overclock etc, ATM.

These are apps obtained from the market.

leemorgan

Reaction score
Any tweaks for battery life? When this Rom is updated what will I have to do? Hopefully I don't have to go through the whole installing app and customizing again, it was quite lengthy. Are there any apps to streamline the "setting up" process?

csditguy

Reaction score
Any tweaks for battery life?

As you can see under my name I'm a newbie, but from what I've read not all phones react the same, so what improves battery life for one my not work on another. I found that I have gotten good battery life with the settings Roberj13 used as stock. I am experimenting with SetCPU just because it's fun.

When this Rom is updated what will I have to do? Hopefully I don't have to go through the whole installing app and customizing again, it was quite lengthy.

When I change roms (even if it's just an upgrade of the one I'm using) I always do a full wipe. Most of the devs seem to recommend it. This requires you to redo setups.

Are there any apps to streamline the "setting up" process?

There is an app called Titanium Backup that I've seen others talk about but I've never tried it. I'm sure there are others as well. I use about a dozen apps and it takes me about 5 minutes to get myself setup again.

leemorgan

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Can you list the steps you use to flash new Roms? I have only done one but cannot locate the steps I used for backup and restore. Any help would be appreciated.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
First, you have to root your phone.

You have to follow the directions and use the software (for PC) from unrevoked.com

And while your phone is rooting, you can download Fusion ROM and the G-apps, and when that's done, put your phone in disk drive mode, or go into recovery and select mounts and storage, then mount USB or something like that- either method works.

Cody that zip file of the ROM you downloaded into your SD card (make sure you don't copy it into any folders on the SD card!).

Now turn your phone off.

Press and hold the power button and the volume down button for a couple of seconds and you should be on a white screen with skateboarding Androids.

use the volume rocker to scroll to "recovery". If recovery isn't in that list, select "bootloader" then in the new screen that comes up, select "recovery".

Now the phone should reboot into a black screen with green lettering- ClockworkMod Recovery.

Use the optical trackpad to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset. Hit the optical button and when that's done, select "wipe cache partition".

When that's done,
Use the optical "trackcircle" to scroll down to "install zip from SD card".
Press the trackcircle button to select. Now scroll to and select "choose zip from sd card".

Scroll down to something like "fusion inc ota" should be at the very bottom of the list.

Select it and now you're installing Fusion ROM! Exciting, right?

After that's done a menu will come up, select "install zip from Sd card", then "choose zip from sd card", then scroll to "Fusion-GAPPS", and install that.

Once that's done, select "reboot system now".

Done!

csditguy

Reaction score
You can get Rom Manager free from the market and it's about the easiest way to backup and restore. From Rom Manager you can also boot straight into the Clockworkmod recovery mode where you can also do backup and recovery amongst other things like flash roms. Otherwise with your phone off push down volume and power buttons at the same time. Your phone will boot to what I believe is called "HBOOT". If you have a file on the root of your sdcard called "PB31IMG.zip" you will need to answer no to update and no to restart by pushing the down volume button. After that you can push the down volume button to highlight RECOVERY and push the power button to select it. The phone will boot into clockworkmod recovery where you can use the optical track pad to move up and down and highlight what you want to do and push the track pad button to choose it.

Sorry it took me so long to do this I didn't realize it was already answered.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Hah it's fine, you added/clarified a few things I didn't mention, forgot about ROM manager. But as of now, you need the premium version to access roberj13's ROMs, and even if you get premium, you still can't access it, I don't think he uploaded Fusion yet.

And to clarify, you can access your backups and backup/restore from either ClockworkMod Recovey, or ROM Manager.

leemorgan

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that, it will certainly help when I go to do another Rom. One more thing, can anyone describe their backup process? I have backup pro and titanium, should I use both. What steps should I take before installing another ROM. You guys are awesome and very helpful!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well I just backup and restore via Clockwork Mod, I just reinstall apps and accounts. But I think with Fusion ROM your apps are backed up and restored via Google/Gmail account?

On my Droid X apps were backed up and restored through Google, but on my Incredible @ stock, well apparently HTC doesn't like convenience so they took it out. The Droid X is more Google's Android (Vanilla), whereas HTC likes to make Android into its own OS. :/

As for other methods like Titanium, well I've never used 'em, sorry to say.