Froyo Here For The Droid X

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Using root explorer

Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with

1.) Hijack
(whatever date you installed it) size
Delete this file completely.

2.) then find this.....
logwrapper
(whatever date you installed it) rwxrwxrwx -> hijack
( so remove the permission,any one,from this file or you can rename it to something else or move it somewhere else. Just so the system doesnt touch this file.)(dont go back to messing with it)

3.) then find this file.
logwrapper.bin
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)(and i added the permissions to be similiar to the before mentioned logwrapper file.)(but it doesnt seem you need to even do the permission thing.)

then leave out of root explorer.

4.) reboot your phone into stock recovery and apply update.zip which you should already have on your phone's sdcard.

Seano

Reaction score
renaming the logwrapper.bin and removing the hijack one worked for me. thanks guys, very helpful.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone please email me root explorer, I'm unable to get it from the market.
It is unfourtunate that you cannot access this app from the Market, however it is against the guidlines at Droid Forums to ask for paid apps to be posted or emailed, even if it is an app you have paid for already.

Thanks for Understanding

SouthEastNC

Reaction score
If you don't want to have a rooted phone in the end, then no, you do not need to be rooted in order to install the update. I just did it fine with my non-rooted droid x.

Mooem,

Thanks. The Droid X is my first Android phone, I don't know much about this stuff. I don't want to root my phone till I feel more knowledgeable, can you tell me which set of instructions you followed to download and install the update?

And this may be a dumb question, but would installing this version of 2.2 keep me from getting the OTA upgrade when the official version comes out?

Thanks in advance!

1) Download update.zip to the main directory of your SD card.
2) Reboot your phone into recovery by holding down the power button and the home key
3) At the screen with the triangle, hit the Search button.
4) Install Update and then reboot

Welcome to Froyo!

I don't see any reason why this would stop an OTA push to your phone when the official version is released.

Thanks Mooem!

fishstick600

Reaction score
This sounds a bit too complicated for someone like me lol. Im ok when it comes to computers but i've never been to smart when it comes to changing around files. My one big concern is how hard it will be to change everything back to stock and get the official update when it comes out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

just4747

Reaction score
Thanks for the help with the Bootstrap uptheforest, worked!!

Greatful...

DroidX101

Reaction score
Sorry about this guys, but I have updated my droid 1 to froyo, but cannot seem to get the dx to froyo, sounds easy, but I cannot find the hijacker and logwrapper.bin. However I do see logwrapper but thats it. 21 jun 10 rwxr-xr-x size 9704. I had downloaded the update.zip and keeps giving me an error. I wish someone had a video of this as I seem to do better if I see it instead of reading it. I have not done and adb or sdf stuff, not sure what all that is. I used Universal Androot to root my x. What is it that I'm doing wrong. Thanks

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Using root explorer

Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with

1.) Hijack

2.) then find this.....
logwrapper
( so remove the permission,any one,from this file or you can rename it to something else or move it somewhere else. Just so the system doesnt touch this file.)(dont go back to messing with it)

3.) then find this file.
logwrapper.bin
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)(and i added the permissions to be similiar to the before mentioned logwrapper file.)(but it doesnt seem you need to even do the permission thing.)

4.) reboot your phone into stock recovery and apply update.zip which you should already have on your phone's sdcard.

ok so this is how im reading it i need to go into bin. Delete hijack file. then find the logwrapper file and delete it? or move it? or change its name to like "oglogwrapper" or something if i need it later.... then go to logwrapper.bin and remove the .bin and give it permission?

It says i can't change read only through root explorer.. do i click the "remount as R/o" button to get around this?

uptheforest

Reaction score
i just copied and pasted guys, but glad it helped for you.

thanks to everyone who made all this possible i am currently enjoying flash on this sucker. the livetv app is great!

the only negative thing about froyo sofar is the colors. they dont look anywhere near as sharp as they did on 2.1

edit for the one asking for terminal emulator codes and has koush's recovery;

If you have Koush's recovery installed, follow these steps BEFORE attempting to update to 2.2:

1. UNINSTALL the Recovery APK in Settings, Applications
  2. Reboot
  3. Run "adb shell" (skip if you are doing this ON THE PHONE)
  4. Run "su"
  5. Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
  6. Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
  7. Reboot

soba1

Reaction score
This Might Be Easier......

From Droid Life
If no one has posted.........
Link Removed

Reaction score
So, do I need to do a factory reset before installing? Getting a signature failure when trying to install. I have a rooted X (easy root) but I do still have apps installed and running ie: LP & Beautiful Widget etc. What's causing the failure?

makaveliq3

Reaction score
posting success with the recent method of changing the logwrapper in the /bin

make sure u go back and move su into xbin

tony1208

Reaction score
DARN I USED THIS WRITE UP Link Removed AND IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT MOVING THE SU ...DAM I HOPE I DONT LOSE ROOT :) WILL FIND OUT IN A SECOUND ITS ALMOST DONE INSTALLING..

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Using root explorer

1.) Hijack

2.) then find this.....
logwrapper

3.) then find this file.
logwrapper.bin

step two is either or on those.