Froyo Here For The Droid X

avt123

Reaction score
for people familiar with adb there is this floating around on alldroid for anyone who installed koush's recovery and dont want to reflash the sbf file

With advice from drhill on androidforums I made these changes with root explorer

Those with logwrapper problems. You don't need to reflash.

You need to connect via adb and remount your system folder with rw permission.

Go to /system/bin

remove the hijack link to logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.

I was extra safe and made a backup of hijack, logwrapper, and logwrapper.bin. Then I:
rm logwrapper
cp logwrapper.bin logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

link to follow to see if this works

I just deleted the hijack file, removed a permission from one logwrapper file and removed .bin from the other.... All using Root Explorer. I am currently "Unpacking new files" on the install.... I think it is working because it would fail much earlier than this... I will report back if it installs.

uptheforest

Reaction score
Can someone please PM me the SBF file to flash? Stupid koush recovery

for people familiar with adb there is this floating around on alldroid for anyone who installed koush's recovery and dont want to reflash the sbf file

With advice from drhill on androidforums I made these changes with root explorer

Go to /system/bin

I was extra safe and made a backup of hijack, logwrapper, and logwrapper.bin. Then I:
rm logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

In /bin now...can you explain this part a little more please?: remove the hijack link to logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

i just copied and pasted, so i didnt do this myself but would guess that you delete the hijack link and then simply rename the logwrapper file. sorry, i hate messing with adb and havent done it on the droid x yet. There is another user here trying it so i would suggest to wait and see if his efforts work out.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
I see in system/bin that there is:

logwrapper
19 aug blah blah rwxrwxrwx -> hijack ( so remove the permission from this file)

and

logwrapper.bin
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)

and then the hijack file should be deleted........aces.

lol well then ^^^^^^

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I did the SBF, it didn't return my phone to factory settings! yay! It removed root, I re-rooted, and now I'm flashing froyo.

To anyone that wants the "" you can find it on google. But you will need to *22899 to reprogram after wards.

avt123

Reaction score

Go to /system/bin

rm logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

I just deleted the hijack file, removed a permission from one logwrapper file and removed .bin from the other.... All using Root Explorer. I am currently "Unpacking new files" on the install.... I think it is working because it would fail much earlier than this... I will report back if it installs.

And it worked! I just finished booting up! Sweet.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
I did the SBF, it didn't return my phone to factory settings! yay! It removed root, I re-rooted, and now I'm flashing froyo.

To anyone that wants the "" you can find it on google. But you will need to *22899 to reprogram after wards.

lol.......did you see the other method.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
Did you uncheck all the permissions for the logwrapper (not.bin) file at first?

terriermike

Reaction score
If you are running a theme, is the bootstrapper thing the only way to remove it?

biggestmexi

Reaction score

everytime i go back into the logwrapper file under permissions they all show up even though i uncheck them.

what gives

well messing with them made the one with hijack under it go away..........so upon rebooting the phone seems fine, but there is no more recovery.....clockwork one anyway.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score

lol.......did you see the other method.

I was already in the process of doing that. I get impatient sometimes... :)

slivvy

Reaction score
Thank youuuuuu

WOWWW thank the lord I saw this, I was just about to flash SBF and was non too happy about it. So far everything is working!!!!!

littlerick

Reaction score
if you use root explorer just rename the logwrapper hijacked file to another name and renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper and its working as i type. thanks uptheforest

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who makes things like this possible, now let the Madness Begin

slivvy

Reaction score
if you use root explorer just rename the logwrapper hijacked file to another name and renamed logwrapper.bin to logwrapper and its working as i type. thanks uptheforest

I actually moved the logwrapper (without .bin) and hijack files to a backup folder on sdcard, then I removed the .bin on the other logwrapper file and everything worked!

It didn't make sense to me to have two logwrapper files in the same folder?