Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
clockworkmod
Droid X users: You can now grab your update to Froyo off ROM Manager. :) (Get the newest version, 2.0.2.4)

You must have Droid X Bootstrap installed to use ROM Manager. It handles a lot of boilerplate of setting up the initial recovery.

akappy332

Reaction score
When i chose to update the very first thing i see is" e: cannot open/ cache/recovery/command" then it verifies my update and the last line is another error that says my sdcard.zip is bad, error status 7

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
When i chose to update the very first thing i see is" e: cannot open/ cache/recovery/command" then it verifies my update and the last line is another error that says my sdcard.zip is bad, error status 7

I second this error message....any suggestions?
I rooted w/o ADB, then renamed/named back using root explorer. otherwise I haven't done anything else to my rooted phone that I'm aware of.

thank you!

ilanzo82

Reaction score
can anyone explain to me the error... E:signature verification failed

Eolly

Reaction score
clockworkmod
Droid X users: You can now grab your update to Froyo off ROM Manager. :) (Get the newest version, 2.0.2.4)

You must have Droid X Bootstrap installed to use ROM Manager. It handles a lot of boilerplate of setting up the initial recovery.
This is good news..I have had so much trouble getting hte install to work.
I had finally gave up. gonna give this a whirl once its downloaded.

jaredb03

Reaction score
Is there anything we can do about lost root? I still have superuser icon but don't have root access to anything.

rjohnson2

Reaction score
Is there anything we can do about lost root? I still have superuser icon but don't have root access to anything.

ditto,

my update went fine, but now i try to get adfree or wireless tether and it says im not rooted. i go back to androot app and it says im already rooted. try to unroot and it fails, try to reroot and it fails

heres what i did to my phone this morning:

went here and followed instructions on root, Link Removed
then went here and followed instructions for upgrade, Link Removed
anyone?

xbenzerox

Reaction score
I would not do this n go backwards to go forward n then win a real rom comes out then what go back again no way . Koush has done Excellent work n the way it was just like the droid 1 was nandroid backup then install not all this crap going back to stock . I will wait for Koush rims or a rom that uses the clockwork way. People use your heads

jesus christ. If you typed in English people might know what the hell you were trying to say.

truckrod

Reaction score
I would not do this n go backwards to go forward n then win a real rom comes out then what go back again no way . Koush has done Excellent work n the way it was just like the droid 1 was nandroid backup then install not all this crap going back to stock . I will wait for Koush rims or a rom that uses the clockwork way. People use your heads

jesus christ. If you typed in English people might know what the hell you were trying to say.

If u wasn't such a moron!! were i had to spell it all out word for word!!!! you would know what was said

aaronc_98

Reaction score
DARN I USED THIS WRITE UP Link Removed AND IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT MOVING THE SU ...DAM I HOPE I DONT LOSE ROOT :) WILL FIND OUT IN A SECOUND ITS ALMOST DONE INSTALLING..

Worked fine!!!!

I missed that step too and it unrooted me. I did not move su to the /system/xbin directory and now I have lost root. I cannot access su from the /system/bin dierctory it says permission denied. The su file is there, I can see it when i do the ls commmand. How can I copy to /system/xbin directory and get root back now?

What can I do now?

thanks,

Aaron

Eolly

Reaction score

If u wasn't such a moron wete i had to spell it all out word for word you would know what was said
Seriously wtf did you say?

I think I get the idea but ffs ramble much?

If english isnt your first language I apologize but otherwise
wacko.gif

Kheovnien

Reaction score

If u wasn't such a moron wete i had to spell it all out word for word you would know what was said
lol. i believe the correct syntax and grammar is "If you weren't such a moron [wete?]...." actually, that's all i can translate and understand. do you know what either a period or a comma is?

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I must be in all kinds of trouble, bc I am getting the signature verification error message too (in addition to the cache error message).

I read about this message with the droid 1 being an issue with putting the file in the wrong place on the SD card, but I just put it "on top" not in any other file or anything...
could this be an issue with Mac putting the file on the SD card? just a thought...
any help?
thanks!

akappy332

Reaction score
Im downloading the clockwork rom now. Idk what the deal is. I'm NOT bad with this kinda stuff and tried everything a few times. If clockwork doesn't work then ill reflash