Froyo Here For The Droid X

ilanzo82

Reaction score
can't open /cache/recovery/command

Using root explorer

Ok. Navigate to the system /bin folder. You will see three files that you need to mess with

1.) Hijack
(whatever date you installed it) size
Delete this file completely.

2.) then find this.....
logwrapper
(whatever date you installed it) rwxrwxrwx -> hijack
( so remove the permission,any one,from this file or you can rename it to something else or move it somewhere else. Just so the system doesnt touch this file.)(dont go back to messing with it)

3.) then find this file.
logwrapper.bin
19 aug blah blah rwxr-xr-x (remove the .bin from this file)(and i added the permissions to be similiar to the before mentioned logwrapper file.)(but it doesnt seem you need to even do the permission thing.)

then leave out of root explorer.

4.) reboot your phone into stock recovery and apply update.zip which you should already have on your phone's sdcard.

im getting the above error when i open in recovery mode. then after i try to apply sdcard:update/zip i get "failed to read footer from /sdcard/update.zip (is a directory)
esignature verification failed
installation aborted
i've tried everything but cannot figure out what i'm missing. appreciate any words of wisdom.

thx

rmp459

Reaction score
EDIT: NM old version of root file manager wasnt working right..

rjohnson2

Reaction score
anyone else bouncing between 3g & 1x after the update? before the update i was only on 3g, never saw it on 1x, now its been changing back and forth

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
anyone else bouncing between 3g & 1x after the update? before the update i was only on 3g, never saw it on 1x, now its been changing back and forth

If I flashed the SBF to get rid of the bootstrapper and then didn't re-root, will I have to wait until somebody finds a way to root 2.2? Just curious, didn't really need the root now or any time soon.

rjohnson2

Reaction score
honestly i have no idea, the X is my first droid. i hadnt even rooted bofore this morning :)

edit: heres how i did it with my phone for anyone else not sure

went here and followed instructions on root, Link Removed

then went here and followed instructions for upgrade, Link Removed
and it worked perfect, good luck everyone

hazynighthawk

Reaction score
imn getting an erroe on trying to open up market plus none of my widgest are running right ? anyone ?

Edit* It had to have like ten mins to boot everything good.. everything works now =)

fbmustang69

Reaction score
ok so i deleted hijack and logwraper. Then i renamed logwraper.bin to logwraper. I didnt take off the "." now im stuck at the moto symbol. Any ideas? it gives me the error of system7 and the logwraper file.

tmaxx445

Reaction score
Has anyone tried root using any of the one click root apps after they manually updated to 2.2? I don's really have any reason to be rooted now, but was wondering if it would be possible after the fact.

thanks,
tmaxx445

rjohnson2

Reaction score
im having problems with my root after the update. can someone help me here?

went here and followed instructions on root, Link Removed
then went here and followed instructions for upgrade, Link Removed
my update went fine, but now i try to get adfree or wireless tether and it says im not rooted. i go back to androot app and it says im already rooted. try to unroot and it fails, try to reroot and it fails

any suggestions?

akappy332

Reaction score
I've tried everything except a reflash. Should i just reflash?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

truckrod

Reaction score
I would not do this! to go backwards to go forward n then win a real rom comes out! then what go back again? no way . Koush has done Excellent work! the recovery the way it was built for the D1 the only diffrence is the x has a bootstrapper on it . but the x is now ready for a rom . not a update! not all this crap going back to stock . I will wait for Koush roms or a rom that uses the clockwork way. People use your heads