Froyo Here For The Droid X

BACAbone

Reaction score
I cant believe you crying babies *****ing about koush's recovery. You are a bunch of ungrateful people. HE DID US A FAVOR...and you cry and moan...geez people...flash the .sbf......then upgrade to 2.2. Without all the devs....we would be stuck with a stock 2.1. STOP THE CRYING before they disappear.

This is the definition of crying ^.

As far as I know, there has not been a rom made yet and with 2.2 he will already have to modify the bootstrapper app.

So coming out with it this early was pretty much useless and more detremental.

Yeah if you call making a backup so u can feel safe bout messing with files, themes, etc useless....... All hail koush

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
I'm SBFing right now. I really hope it doesn't completely return my phone to stock settings... I was hoping to update and keep my settings. Oh well.[/QUOTE
MrDon if you are successfull could you pm me the SFB file you are using i have a file that was pmd to me but its not labled .sfb and if i change it to that it doesnt work and if you dont change it will not see the file

I will have to do this as well I think since I used the recovery tool. I don't fully understand what does the .sbf file do? How do you go about applying it? And does it wipe the phone completely?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html ..you would use the same guide as if you bricked the phone..

tam5070

Reaction score
Used root explorer to replace all my bloatware then move the SU file. Everything is working great except it did take my gallery about 10 minutes to refresh. Thanks to all the devs that helped get this out!

suzook

Reaction score
I cant believe you crying babies *****ing about koush's recovery. You are a bunch of ungrateful people. HE DID US A FAVOR...and you cry and moan...geez people...flash the .sbf......then upgrade to 2.2. Without all the devs....we would be stuck with a stock 2.1. STOP THE CRYING before they disappear.

LMAO..Sure.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
So far runs GREAT, flash runs great, the only quirks I noticed was the . key use to change to a , if you tapped it twice quick. now it doesn't and the auto brightness doesn't seem to work correctly... but thats all VERY minor issues... All in all EXCELLENT WORK!!!

bignuttz

Reaction score
I ran the sbf and uninstalled DroidX Bootstrap. I was getting the error before. I rerooted and copied su to xbins and now I am running Froyo. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

biggestmexi

Reaction score

As far as I know, there has not been a rom made yet and with 2.2 he will already have to modify the bootstrapper app.

Yeah if you call making a backup so u can feel safe bout messing with files, themes, etc useless....... All hail koush

Is that the clockwork mod revocery your talking about or the bootstrapper?

Anyway. If he made the app to modify the files in the first place, im sure there is a way to revert them with out SBF'ing your phone.

He just has to do it.

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Ok so since I ran koash's recovery I can't do this by the sound of things. I don't understand the .sdf thing so I'm not ready to do it. But i'm wondering though won't I have the same problem with the OTA update in a few weeks?

If koash's recovery messed up being able to update, won't it prevent the offical OTA one too?

uptheforest

Reaction score
for people familiar with adb there is this floating around on alldroid for anyone who installed koush's recovery and dont want to reflash the sbf file

With advice from drhill on androidforums I made these changes with root explorer

Those with logwrapper problems. You don't need to reflash.

You need to connect via adb and remount your system folder with rw permission.

Go to /system/bin

remove the hijack link to logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.

I was extra safe and made a backup of hijack, logwrapper, and logwrapper.bin. Then I:
rm logwrapper
cp logwrapper.bin logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

just4747

Reaction score
Can someone please PM me the SBF file to flash? Stupid koush recovery

for people familiar with adb there is this floating around on alldroid for anyone who installed koush's recovery and dont want to reflash the sbf file

With advice from drhill on androidforums I made these changes with root explorer

Go to /system/bin

I was extra safe and made a backup of hijack, logwrapper, and logwrapper.bin. Then I:
rm logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

In /bin now...can you explain this part a little more please?: remove the hijack link to logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

biggestmexi

Reaction score

Go to /system/bin

rm logwrapper

Then exit adb.

Currently flashing now.

hope that helps

link to follow to see if this works

also, couldnt we do this via root explorer. seems like we could.

jstuart83

Reaction score
holdup guys we were taking a chance installing that recovery its no ones fault but ourselves.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Awesome stuff. I can't wait to see more people's accounts of how 2.2.6 is working for them.

So, this is not a custom ROM, not a port from a dev phone, but a leaked version from Motorola. So, while it's not "official" (meaning it hasn't been released publicly by Motorola), it could very well wind up being the version that Motorola does release officially by OTA (with the exception of root, of course). Is that right? If the final version that Motorola releases via OTA is a more current version than this one, then it will have a different build number, right? And if that's correct, then we should be able to upgrade to the "official" version whenever it's released.

If I decide to hold off on this update, and install the OTA, would I be unable to root until someone finds a way to root 2.2, or will I be able to SBF back to 2.1, then manually install the rooted 2.2?