from those outside looking in.....and on the inside looking out.

chefb

Reaction score
Ive been late to the liberty party sinse my replacement upgrade......so I could use some guidence if not a tutorial of the most recent updates to liberty. I know its a tall order, but maybe a compilation of experiences, Advice, or suggestions will help those/me on the out side looking in..I've tried to go through the threads but im confused because I don't know what's ,what.
That being said here are some questions:
1) do you have to be on liberty to download gb liberty in the tool box(paid)
2) is crt animation included in the rom/ can you flash it in the toolbox,or over the rom in cw.
3)how does liberty gb compare to cymogenmond 7 and there version of nightly builds?

I really appreciate thee patience, and reponses. Thanks to everyone on the inside looking out. Im donating:icon_ banana:

gimlet72

Reaction score
#1 As far as I know if you are running a Droid X then CM7 is out of the question. CM7 is not compatible with the locked boot loader of the Droid X.

#2 The CRT animation is included with GB.

#3 TO download Liberty GB you have to have the donate version of liberty toolbox. Then go to rom manager, nightlies. Then install V0.1 then install v0.3.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
So liberty is ever-evolving with is own rom manager...cool does any one have iformation about the imoseyon(sp)zip.

Last edited:

gambit07

Reaction score
Quick question about imoseyon, I see a download for interactive and on demand governors, does he have anything for the smartass governor?

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
"Smartass gov." ? I have got to hear this

gambit07

Reaction score
"Smartass gov." ? I have got to hear this

Haha, never used it? I have put it on a couple friends phones but never saw it for the droid, it's basically a rewrite of interactive. I'm using it on the X through jrummys droid overclock app (which is awesome) and it works great. I'm at 80% battery right now at 1.1ghz, phones been on since 9 or so, never have to worry about making it through a day which is awesome. Anyway if you haven't tried it out I'd give it a shot

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
The more I learn about this rom the more eager I get to run it...but with no way to sbf untill my computer is done......(wait).... Has anyone had to use their laptop/computer to recover your phone from liberty/ or their nightly builds? I got caught in a boot loop drying to deox with the leaked gb.....but I think that was because I used droidx bootstrap with usdebugging off.

en28so

Reaction score
The more I learn about this rom the more eager I get to run it...but with no way to sbf untill my computer is done......(wait).... Has anyone had to use their laptop/computer to recover your phone from liberty/ or their nightly builds? I got caught in a boot loop drying to deox with the leaked gb.....but I think that was because I used droidx bootstrap with usdebugging off.

That's what I use to sbf my Droid X since I only have a laptop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Does any one think liberty is at a place where someone in my position can just flash without a sbf on the ready?

williewonka

Reaction score
yea i am kind of scared to flash the new liberty v.03. When i try and use rsb lite my phone does not show up on my laptop. I am using windows 7 x64.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Liberty is running stable for me. But I wouldn't suggest anyone flashing a rom that can't sbf. If your having trouble with rsd then make sure you have the proper drivers installed and running the newer version of rsd. I'm running rsd 4.8 on both my windows 7 64 bit systems and have had no problems flashing. Try uninstalling the version you have and installing 4.8 or I think 4.9 is out. With the locked bootloader on the x I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Flashing with out sbf capability ...is like sex with no condoms. when its right there and ready,and willing, its such a tease. You might get in and out and your good ALRIGHT! but that one time........ugh.....your all "burned" . *sigh* damn you warranties! !!!!

williewonka

Reaction score
Liberty is running stable for me. But I wouldn't suggest anyone flashing a rom that can't sbf. If your having trouble with rsd then make sure you have the proper drivers installed and running the newer version of rsd. I'm running rsd 4.8 on both my windows 7 64 bit systems and have had no problems flashing. Try uninstalling the version you have and installing 4.8 or I think 4.9 is out. With the locked bootloader on the x I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........[/

I have done that and nothing has work if you have the links i will download the same one you have an try that instead but i will keep trying to see what happens

fox_dye

Reaction score
I got it from my droid world just do a google search for it and you should find it

Sent from a galaxy far far away........