From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

zer0ed77

Reaction score
1. SBF isn't as little understood as it used to be
2. GB isn't rootable, therefore, if you start from standard stock GB, you have no choice but to SBF to install a custom ROM (including LGB.)
3. If you're going to install a custom ROM, knowing how to SBF is a basic necessity in case something goes wrong (software OR hardware.)

Personally, I do it before I install a new ROM, or even a newer version of a current ROM. Cleans the slate so that I know that any issues I encounter are specific to the new ROM I just installed, and not some ghost code left over from a previous version. It wasn't always that way. I used to go from one ROM to another without SBF. I had a lot more issues back then. My phone is a lot more stable when every install I do is clean, from scratch. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for your honesty and support Kasey K. Really appreciate all the help attention you give to these threads.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hmmm... I am working on put all this into one zip and hosting it :)

I would have done something like that but for one thing, you aren't allowed to post SBF files (or links to them) on the forum, and for two, I wanted to make sure that the people who made the files get the proper credit.

draexo

Reaction score
Hmmm... I am working on put all this into one zip and hosting it :)

I would have done something like that but for one thing, you aren't allowed to post SBF files (or links to them) on the forum, and for two, I wanted to make sure that the people who made the files get the proper credit.
I am looking at this as an administrative end. It can be a major pain to find and accumulate all the files. The bookmarks I have are spread over three different forums. I certainly am not going to take credit for anyone else's work - I am trying to make it easier to get the files that are needed.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Guys, seen any issues with RSD Lite 4.9 NOT seeing devices on WINDOWS XP? We have uninstalled/reinstalled and updated the drivers. So on...

Even in BOOTLOADER, RSD lite not seeing on XP

OP
K
Reaction score
You don't happen to be using XP x64, do you?

I've had this issue before. It's not a big deal if you can find out what's broken in the chain.

Start with Device Manager. Open the Device Manager (right-click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager or start->run->devmgmt.msc) Put the phone into bootloader mode, then plug it into a USB port you haven't plugged it into before. Monitor the device manager for changes. If it properly identifies your phone, then you know it's not a driver problem. If it doesn't, uninstall whatever just showed up, unplug the phone and plug it back in again. If that doesn't work, you may have downloaded the wrong driver. Check the Moto site linked in the OP.

I've never had my phone show up in Device Manager and not appear in RSD Lite. But if that's the case let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
You don't happen to be using XP x64, do you?

I've had this issue before. It's not a big deal if you can find out what's broken in the chain.

Start with Device Manager. Open the Device Manager (right-click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager or start->run->devmgmt.msc) Put the phone into bootloader mode, then plug it into a USB port you haven't plugged it into before. Monitor the device manager for changes. If it properly identifies your phone, then you know it's not a driver problem. If it doesn't, uninstall whatever just showed up, unplug the phone and plug it back in again. If that doesn't work, you may have downloaded the wrong driver. Check the Moto site linked in the OP.

I've never had my phone show up in Device Manager and not appear in RSD Lite. But if that's the case let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

No, sir. 32 bit.

Actually, going to use the Linux method. I've tried all of the above. Been messing with this all morning. Let you know how it goes.

draexo

Reaction score
could you do this while using the Maderstock .340 file and not using a pc?

I really want to upgrade or change roms, yet this seems like more of a hassle then it will a pay off in the long run.

The maderstock .340 method does get you to .340 kind of, but it does not contain all of the files that the SBF has. I am not exactly sure what is missing, but I tried this method on another DX and GB would not install. Your best bet is, if you are wanting to get to GB, is to SBF then install the two part rooted version. Just follow the instructions above. That is the best way.
Ditto, the zip file madderstock.zip or the TBH equivalent will not work for this install. Best to use the CD or RSDLite

Gisboro

Reaction score
I too anxiously await more confirmation that the new 596 install in the toolbox will work going straight from 2.0.1. And also that the toolbox will install v 0.9 flawlessly as well.

I used the .596 zip in the toolbox to go from 2.0.1 and had no problems what so ever. then flashed the v0.9 had a few problems after trying out the customizer but other than that no serious issues, whole process took me about 45 minutes.

John Gi

Reaction score
i was making a backup nd it seems to be stuck in one spot?
can i take off the battery nd reboot, or what?

i treid making a backup using rom manager

oh nd im on a d2

OP
K
Reaction score
Backups can take a while. I recommend booting into CWM (reboot recovery in bootstrap/liberty toolbox) and making a backup from the backup & restore menu in there.

fliegendaffe

Reaction score
All I get is this in RSD Lite under device:

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x003004
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 1f800012f0923a0a0000d8ff2100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000b55432890485
AP Public ID: 89ab7fd8cf52001844247a5c9282956f81f7345a
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff00002d003289

I have seen other post stuff about this but I don't see any answers on how to fix.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
As long as it says its connected it will work. Mine had no info either but flashing the sbf was still possible.

x.sys