From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

fliegendaffe

Reaction score
I can't find liberty gb to download anywhere. I found a torrent for it be the torrent isn't downloading at all

fliegendaffe

Reaction score
instead of liberty, I installed cm7 and now my phone just boot loops. I have done a battery pull but still does it. HELP!!

greezy

Reaction score
7. Install and run LGB Bootstrap, then Bootstrap Recovery, then Reboot Recovery. Phone should reboot into clockwork mod.

not sure what you mean 'install and run' no apk to install on phone and no exe to install on pc. please im in limbo cause i thought i would figure it out

greezy

Reaction score
found an apk of it and all worked great. thanx alot. now i gota redownload the geico brostash app and ill be done

OP
K
Reaction score
As long as it says its connected it will work. Mine had no info either but flashing the sbf was still possible.

x.sys

why is it just boot loop

Your phone boot loops after the install because you didn't follow the steps correctly. You are specifically instructed to do a data wipe/factory reset, and if you don't do that, you get a boot loop.

AnotherVersion

Reaction score
I'm at a little impass with the process.

Under step 7, I rebooted into recovery (the stock one) and it doesn't like the file "lgbootstrap.zip", so we renamed it "update.zip" and it says the installation failed because of invalid signatures.

Going to try Koush's bootstrapper and see if we can get it to install from there. Next step is to re-download it. I'm assuming we have to install this from the recovery, correct?

Maybe for the tutorial it could say exactly how to install the .zip, since its not a cut and dry .apk or RSD installation. I'm trying to educmacate a newbie on his Droid X, and he understands how to root to the Liberty FroYo, but going to GB was a little too technical for him, and I'm flying on what I learned rooting my G1, Vibrant and Thunderbolt.

OP
K
Reaction score
I'm at a little impass with the process.

Under step 7, I rebooted into recovery (the stock one) and it doesn't like the file "lgbootstrap.zip", so we renamed it "update.zip" and it says the installation failed because of invalid signatures.

Going to try Koush's bootstrapper and see if we can get it to install from there. Next step is to re-download it. I'm assuming we have to install this from the recovery, correct?

Maybe for the tutorial it could say exactly how to install the .zip, since its not a cut and dry .apk or RSD installation. I'm trying to educmacate a newbie on his Droid X, and he understands how to root to the Liberty FroYo, but going to GB was a little too technical for him, and I'm flying on what I learned rooting my G1, Vibrant and Thunderbolt.

You're supposed to unzip the file on your PC, where you'll find an .apk file, and then copy it to your phone and install it. I guess I should be a bit more clear on that.

EDIT: Nevermind. The download is actually an APK file. D'oh! Just copy it to your SD card and use File Manager to install it.

AnotherVersion

Reaction score
Okay, so we got the first part of TBH installed, and the bootloader doesn't want to install part 2. It says the file is bad, and now we can't mount the mass storage. I'm guess we have to start over at SBF?

AnotherVersion

Reaction score
Alright, SBF'ed again, md5 checks out okay. I cant seem to find this APK you're talking about in the LGBootstrap zip though. I see update.zip in the assets folder, is that what you mean?

OP
K
Reaction score
Alright, SBF'ed again, md5 checks out okay. I cant seem to find this APK you're talking about in the LGBootstrap zip though. I see update.zip in the assets folder, is that what you mean?

You're correct. Another poster threw me off. It is an .apk file you just need to copy to your SD card and install through the File Manager.

AnotherVersion

Reaction score
Install worked well, liberty 0.8 booted, but the Verizon voice prompts wouldn't program the device. What's the radio version I should be on? Droid X, mind you. I ditched the global for a tbolt, the X is a friend's.

Thanks for the awesome support.

OP
K
Reaction score
Install worked well, liberty 0.8 booted, but the Verizon voice prompts wouldn't program the device. What's the radio version I should be on? Droid X, mind you. I ditched the global for a tbolt, the X is a friend's.

Thanks for the awesome support.

Try *22899