From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

CP6608

Reaction score
I am on liberty 2.0.1 which is froyo so can I skip the sbf and just boot into bootstrap and install the two part gb?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try it. It may work for you.

With me, the 2 part files were pretty finicky, so I always had to sbf before I could get them to install

CM74DX

CP6608

Reaction score
I tried to update and am now stuck at the Red M in Bootloop and am not sure how to SBF. Could someone help me out please?!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to update and am now stuck at the Red M in Bootloop and am not sure how to SBF. Could someone help me out please?!

Boot into stock recovery by having the phone off and holding the home and power buttons until an Android pops up. Then press the volume keys in.

Select factory data reset by using the volume keys and pressing the power button for ok. Also wipe cache. Then reboot. If that doesn't work, you must sbf.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

CM74DX

CP6608

Reaction score
Well I have appeared to have successfully sbf'ed my phone. It activated and now I have a stock froyo :( . However I will root and reinstall Liberty in no time. Thanks for that link..extremely helpful for a first timer.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I have appeared to have successfully sbf'ed my phone. It activated and now I have a stock froyo :( . However I will root and reinstall Liberty in no time. Thanks for that link..extremely helpful for a first timer.

Try CM7. It blows everything else out of the water.

CM74DX

CP6608

Reaction score

Try CM7. It blows everything else out of the water.

CM74DX

I have used CM7 and cannot deal with the battery drain. I am constantly on my phone and Liberty's battery life cannot be beat.

Also, just an FYI, follow the directions to a T or you will be sbf'ing like I did. Thank you for all the help and great guides on here. I love this website.

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
oki got a question on the sbf stuff. i did the ota update to 2.3.3 before i realized i wanted to root. will the steps in the op help or not? thanks. i am a noob on rooting motorola phones but not htc.

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
thanks brad for the fast respponse. is there steps somewhere on here on how to sbf back to froyo? i went to
DrewGaren's site and followed his steps but rsd lite 4.9 does not see my phone? do i need the bootstrap installed on the phone first because it doesn't say anything on his site about it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks brad for the fast respponse. is there steps somewhere on here on how to sbf back to froyo? i went to
DrewGaren's site and followed his steps but rsd lite 4.9 does not see my phone? do i need the bootstrap installed on the phone first because it doesn't say anything on his site about it?

Do you have the current drivers from Motorola? That link I posted has pretty much everything you need.

And I wouldn't recommend using any of Drew Garens stuff. I have heard nothing but issues about it and also that its all kanged.

This is the best/easiest way to sbf:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

MIUI

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
brad thanks for all your help. the first version worked using rsd lite. i am now running 2.2.1. thanks. casn i now close the rsd lite program? when i go to hit close it says Application is currently busy. Closing application may DAMAGE the attached device. Do you wish to continue? And now i am rooted with z4root.

OP
K
Reaction score
brad thanks for all your help. the first version worked using rsd lite. i am now running 2.2.1. thanks. casn i now close the rsd lite program? when i go to hit close it says Application is currently busy. Closing application may DAMAGE the attached device. Do you wish to continue? And now i am rooted with z4root.

If your phone came back up, then the SBF was successful and you can close RSD.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score