From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
ok now that i am back on 2.2.1 does anyone know or have a link where i can get the 2.3.3 gingerbread leak? and is it stable

OP
K
Reaction score
There are links in the OP. If you want GB, just follow the instructions. If you don't want the Liberty ROM, just don't install the LGB 0.x zip at the end.

scoobntaz1996

Reaction score
ok i got one more question. when i go into recovery by holding the home. vol. down and power.then i hit search button. i have a message on the bottom that says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. What does that mean? because i thought i had to wipe these things to put a new rom on the phone.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
got a dx last night and just rooted it and installed .8 with it.. followed all the steps on the OP everything went fine just wondering if its supposed to go to recovery everytime i reboot?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in Liberty settings to enable/disable that. I thought it was kinda cool

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in Liberty settings to enable/disable that. I thought it was kinda cool

CM74DX

yup found it... how would i go about flashing another rom from .8 can i just wipe and install the new rom like the D1 or is it a more complex flash

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

yup found it... how would i go about flashing another rom from .8 can i just wipe and install the new rom like the D1 or is it a more complex flash

If its a GB based ROM, just wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and flash.

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

CM74DX

awesome thanks, i'm a gb fan so thats a definite... im not too happy about my apps not syncing from the market when switching from the d1 to dx but i guess thats how it is

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

awesome thanks, i'm a gb fan so thats a definite... im not too happy about my apps not syncing from the market when switching from the d1 to dx but i guess thats how it is

CM7 runs off Froyo, but is Android 2.3.5. So it is GB, but you need to be on the Froyo kernel. That's why I wanted to clarify in case you decided to switch.

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

CM7 runs off Froyo, but is Android 2.3.5. So it is GB, but you need to be on the Froyo kernel. That's why I wanted to clarify in case you decided to switch.

CM74DX

so to go to cm7 i'd have to run rsd again? or are there kernels i can flash?

i was looking through the roms and i'll give apex a look for now, i just want to get familiar with the roms and how to flash on the DX .. ive been spoiled with the D1 a long time now haaa

OP
K
Reaction score
got a dx last night and just rooted it and installed .8 with it.. followed all the steps on the OP everything went fine just wondering if its supposed to go to recovery everytime i reboot?

That setting didn't work for me. I fixed it by installing LGB Bootstrap and selecting Reboot Recovery. It didn't do it every time I rebooted after that. I don't know why that worked, but it did.

Jon Jon

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I finally made the jump from Liberty 2.0.1

I'll see how I like LGB 0.9 ;)

One thing I do want to note is, I had downloaded LGB 0.9 from rom toolbox pro and it didn't have the .zip file extension.

I didn't realize this until I was towards the very end of the install process, so I had to boot into rooted blur gingerbread to add the file extension so I could install it.

Others from what I saw from the first couple of pages didn't seem to have this problem, so I figured I'd still mention it in case others do.

manhatton

Reaction score
Excellent instructions OP! Thank you!

Question.... I tried to nand restore back to 2.0.1 which of course didn't work. I'm going to sbf again and try to restore 2.0.1 from there so I can do the proper work I should have before. (I didn't TiBU or anything as I wasn't sure I'd keep .09 and figured reverting would be a simple nand.) I'm guessing when I finish backing up and want to go to back to .09 I'll have to repeat the entire process?

OP
K
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you're on LGB 0.x, you can't restore a Nandroid to a FroYo ROM (2.0.1 is FroYo.) However, you can SBF back to FroYo, root and restore your Nandroid from there. If you're on stock FroYo and you want to return to a GB ROM, you can (probably) skip the SBF process, just installing the 2-part rooted GB zip. Other than that, yes you do have to repeat the process to get back to GB.