From Liberty 2.0.1, Stock, Apex, CM7, etc. (ANY ROM) to Liberty GB

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Kasey Krehbiel, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks... editing the post now...

2. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
  3. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the sticky, Koveleski!!! You're the best!

Editing now...

4. RolandDeschain

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3
    Just for the record, the update to Liberty Toolbox (paid) that hit yesterday or the day before makes this a lot easier, coming from Froyo. It doesn't show the nightlies anymore; in the nightlies section there is one rooted GB download. You wipe and install that, download paid Liberty Toolbox and download .9 and wipe & install that, done. No more installing 73 different iterations of Liberty GB or messing with radio versions, lol.

5. shoobox

shoobox New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I agree. Maderstock will NOT work.

6. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    Can you post more detailed instructions on this method? I might ask some poor guinea pig on a diff. FroYo ROM to give it a shot and let me know if it works so I can update my post. It would make it easier for everyone on FroYo, even though there may not be a lot of those left. Unfortunately, for anyone who's running stock GB, SBF is their only choice (at least for now.)

7. zer0ed77

zer0ed77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man... Guess this means no supported direct path like before. :(

8. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    See Post #16. I have not tried this method myself, so I can't verify, but it might be a good solution if you're on FroYo.

9. zer0ed77

zer0ed77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!

Are you able to elaborate on this process? Not sure I understand. My GF's X has Liberty 2.0.1. Are you saying just install Liberty GB 0.9 and all should be well? That's veryt contrary to the directions. I am afraid all I see in Nightlies is 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9. I check every day. None of these will work if coming from 2.0.1 Lib.

To be honest, I would rather install many different version than SBFing. I miss the old path. Was so easy. This is driving me crazy.

10. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    If you try to install LGB 0.x over 2.0.1, you'll have to SBF to get the phone to work again. However, SBF isn't as scary as you think it is, unless your cat has a nasty habit of chewing on the USB cable while you're going through the SBF process. You can have this whole thing done in an hour. Don't fret. It's easy.

And, you pretty much committed to the possibility of SBFing the phone when you installed a custom ROM. If anything happens to the phone, you're going to want to SBF it before you send it in so you don't get a $600 bill for it. And knowing how to do that when it happens would be very, very useful.

If you follow the step by step process above, I assure you you'll have LGB 0.x running on your phone in no time. And you'll be stoked about it because now you know you can return your phone from the depths of brickville.

11. zer0ed77

zer0ed77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. I guess I'll go ahead and do it. Was just hoping for a bit more from the whole upgrade path.

I'll try to find the files you mention in your steps.

12. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The "old path" you are referring to was going from Liberty 2.0 to LGB that was based off a GB leak. It was much easier to upgrade to GB before the OTA .596 version came out. When they released the .596 build, they made rooting it almost impossible, which is why you have to use p3's two part rooted GB linked in the OP. I hear there is a direct path from Froyo to LGB but I can not really elaborate on that method as it is hidden from me in the toolbox because I have been on LGB since v0.1. The method spelled out in the OP is one of the best tutorials you will find anywhere on how to go from Froyo to rooted GB or all the way to LGB. As mentioned many times in this thread, learning to SBF is a valuable tool to have in case something goes horribly wrong, plus it gives you a totally fresh and so clean clean install.

Search tags for this page
cm7 liberty apk
how to install apex rom

lgbootstrap.apk

liberty apk