Free Wifi Wireless Tether NO ROOT REQUIRED! via New APP FoxFi

Andielyn

Reaction score
Thank YOU!

Haven't tried it yet but I downloaded it. Thanks for the info!!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This isn't really new. I've been using Foxfi for about 5 weeks. With no problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Will have to play with it a bit more. I installed it this morning on my D2G, fired it up, couldn't figure out how to turn it off so did a force stop.

Within 2 hours by battery went from 100% down to 20%, and I wasn't using the phone for anything........usually my battery will go from 100% at 6am only down to 70% at about 10pm.

Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify as this is what I always worry about when using a "free" wireless tether app. Verizon can't tell the difference between normal phone data usage and the usage through this hot spot correct? I refuse to pay for something that I'm already paying for... Always worry about the "surprise bill" that might come from some of these apps.

Reaction score
Will have to play with it a bit more. I installed it this morning on my D2G, fired it up, couldn't figure out how to turn it off so did a force stop.

Within 2 hours by battery went from 100% down to 20%, and I wasn't using the phone for anything........usually my battery will go from 100% at 6am only down to 70% at about 10pm.
I installed on the Galaxy Nexus. For me it turned on the Mobile Hotspot option on the phone (the option you would select if you were going to use the native hotsopt feature). Unchecking that turned it off for me.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't used the app yet but it sounds like it just turns on the native wifi hotspot option, which is not free depending on your phone. Is this seriously what's going on here.

Battery will get used quickly when doing this. That's normal.

It tethers through pda net free of charge.
Huh? I don't get it. PDANet is for wired tethering. Why do you need PDANet? I don't get it.

B

bens42608

I got this on my 'stock' BIONIC and it works fantastic. Just worried that VZW is going to find some way to block this app or worse ? Paying VZW an extra $30 bucks for hotspot is a total ripoff. It's my data i'm paying for, so I should be able to rack it up anyway I want to!!!

+1 baby plus one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I installed on the Galaxy Nexus. For me it turned on the Mobile Hotspot option on the phone (the option you would select if you were going to use the native hotsopt feature). Unchecking that turned it off for me.

Checked my phone again this afternoon.......found that after I installed this app and ran it for the first time that my phone's wifi was showing "error" as it's status and it was constantly searching for wifi. I was unable to either turn on or turn off wifi on my phone. Uninstalled this app, rebooted the phone and it's all back to normal.

Well....the article did say that it's didn't work on all Moto phones.....

jpsil

Reaction score
works on stock droid 4 unrooted and rooted droid x with cm7.=D

baldybill

Reaction score
Worked fine before the update. Now it connects but doesn't give me Internet (another app I have works fine though). Is there a setting i am missing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

geoff5093

Reaction score
Doesn't work on my HTC Thunderbolt :( Luckily I have OpenGarden.

DROID11

Reaction score
FWIW, I posted about this probably 2-3 months ago. I've had it ever since on my 100% stock bionic, and haven't had a $30 charge on my account yet. Never use really though because I returned my tablet because I couldn't justify the price for something that's just a huge version of my phone. Will get the nexus tab by Asus if it's really only $200, though :). Sorry for going off topic. In short: it's 100% free, go get out.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Great find! Just installed and tested it on my Bionic (unrooted) and my iPad. Works like a charm!

REMilk

Reaction score
FoxFi works well on my Droid 3 when I follow these steps.

1. Start FoxFi
2. Turn on Airplane Mode
3. Turn off Airplane Mode

Good luck,
Bob