Free Wifi Wireless Tether NO ROOT REQUIRED! via New APP FoxFi

Reaction score
It works great on my unrooted Bionic. I am posting from my phones connection right now. I got the error that a previous poster was talking about with his wifi. I just rebooted my phone to fix that issue. That is a little pain but ok for the ability the app has given. It is also major battery hog. It is still a great app for when I get stuck somewhere with no wifi but a laptop and 4g on my college campus.

poolprez1

Reaction score
Works great on my DROID Bionic. Have computer and I pad running at same time. Thanks for the info and for DROID forums.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
when trying to usb tether it tells me to terminate adb, what gives with that?

Open task manager and stop the adb process that is running

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Hum, I am downloading the app, but I need a tether app really, cause the only thing I tether is my desktop when Hughes Net is out for whatever reason.

Malkavian

Reaction score
First I love this app for internet connection. I bluetooth my tablet to my phone and I can get on the internet. The problem I'm having is that I cannot sync calendar events from my tablet calendar to my google calendar when connected via bluetooth. I can get gmail to come through, but not events. I think it is something with a setting on the tablet not actually in the PDAnet or the Foxfi apps.

I can got into accounts and sync and manually press the SYNC NOW button but nothing happens. The sync circle doesn't rotate.

Does anyone know what setting I need to change to get sync to run via bluetooth through my phone out to the internet and my google calendar.

Thanks

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have had this app for about a month.. love it and works like a charm on mine... No issues at all!!! Oh by the way I'm not rooted.. running total stock!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Verro84

Reaction score
I was playing Modern Warfare 3 on ps3 using my G-Nex last night for a few hours! I couldn't believe it worked on the ps3 and didn't notice much lag either all in all great app

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was playing Modern Warfare 3 on ps3 using my G-Nex last night for a few hours! I couldn't believe it worked on the ps3 and didn't notice much lag either all in all great app

Yea its pretty awesome! Who needs Comcast or at&t DSL when you have unlimited 4g!

Reaction score
I can't get this to work on my rezound. When I click on "Activate wifi hotspot" it says, "WiFi mode has failed on your phone. Please use bluetooth mode instead." Problem is, I can't seem to get the bluetooth tether to work on my Mac either. Does this just not work on the Rezound?

ltlwing

Reaction score
I have a zte warp. I downloaded pda net and foxfi, but every time I try to turn on hotspot my phone locks up. Is there any app that is compatible with the warp? I am trying to create a hotspot so I can connect my ps3 online.
Thanks!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Woo hoo works for me, connected to my kindle right away!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

S

SFGate

Looks like I'll have a reason to drop the data plan on my tab when the contract is up. :biggrin: