Verizon Blocks FoxFi Free Wifi Tethering!

Wadman

Reaction score
I "cling" to that plan because I use a lot of data. You make this your personal goal to make sure that you make people with unlimited data look bad. You do it everytime there is a discussion about this. You call them thieves and put into question their integrity. You have to understand that not everyone in the world thinks like you. And I don't feel entitled. You have made it perfectly clear that we are all in the wrong and you have left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope the moderators understand that you push people away. I have been a member of this forum for years, and I really don't want to be accused of being a thief everytime this discussion comes up. This is why I never post on this site. Because you always have that guy that has to play internet police. I'm done. Enjoy your crusade.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
  1. Soooo what if your phone has built in tether and you dont use a 3rd party app?
  2. Was it illegal before the law said it was illegal? And I ask that because Im sure Vzw cut unlimited to force ppl onto tiered to put money back into shareholder pockets from buying the market not to help consumers...

Wadman

Reaction score
And it is you...not others...that gets the threads locked. Because you go on and name call and get off topic...which in turn gets others off topic. That's my last 2 cents.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I "cling" to that plan because I use a lot of data. You make this your personal goal to make sure that you make people with unlimited data look bad. You do it everytime there is a discussion about this. You call them thieves and put into question their integrity. You have to understand that not everyone in the world thinks like you. And I don't feel entitled. You have made it perfectly clear that we are all in the wrong and you have left a sour taste in my mouth. I hope the moderators understand that you push people away. I have been a member of this forum for years, and I really don't want to be accused of being a thief everytime this discussion comes up. This is why I never post on this site. Because you always have that guy that has to play internet police. I'm done. Enjoy your crusade.

I make you look bad?

Did you or did you not sign a contract saying that tethering on Unlimited is a violation of that contract that allows them to alter your plan or kick you off? Yes or no?

The answer is Yes, you did.

Dude, I don't care what you do with your phone. I make you look bad not for tethering... but for your whining about getting caught doing something that you know you are not supposed to be doing.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
And it is you...not others...that gets the threads locked. Because you go on and name call and get off topic...which in turn gets others off topic. That's my last 2 cents.

Who is calling names?

If you take something that you didn't pay for, what am I supposed to call it? Come up with a new word that doesn't hurt your feelings and lets use that. :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not every tech or employee is as up to date on the policies as they should be, that's just life...

Being that Unlimited plans are being phased out, they may no longer offer the mobile broadband connect any more...

The reality is that you are a small minority clinging to a plan that went the way of the dodo years ago... You will be pushed off at some point... So it makes sense they they might no longer off those old peripheral plans to the few Unlimited plans still out there.

Squire, I was actually one of those that was on an unlimited plan that you could not add tethering to, their exact words to me were since we cannot add the option to your plan, we cannot stop you tethering. Now I may have been one of the minority. I have since moved on and am no longer with Big Red, but that doesn't change the fact. I remember the day they changed the new plans and made it to where tethering was an option to add to your plan. So please tell me how before they changed it, it was all considered phone data, even if you tethered... and then after they found a way to charge you for it, it is now no longer just phone data? Unfortunately it is all data going to and from your phone, whether or not it acts as a pass-through device or not it still hits your phone first and then it dishes it out to the devices connected, as if you didn't have the phone, you couldn't tether.

It's always the age old argument of whether or not it is all phone data. You can add all the examples of going to the store and stealing their food, or any other example you want to, but it's still all phone data. Examples to me are like statistics. Regardless of how anyone feels on the matter, Verizon is doing everything in their power to remove the unlimited plans. It doesn't shock me if they found a way to limit or block FoxFi. I know this only goes out to a limited set of people, but does the USB tether option still work if you wanted to tether it to your laptop or computer? I know certain carriers block wireless tether but they still let through USB tethering.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's working again on some devices.....

arty2hottie

Reaction score
This happened to me a couple months ago. It stopped working for me right before my cycle ended. Then started working again after the new cycle started. It stopped working again last Friday towards the end of my cycle, then worked again after my new cycle started up. I'm thinking Verizon is blocking it when we hit a certain amount of data on our unlimited plans.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Could be.. but that's an awful lot of tracking for VZW..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's working again on devices that it didn't work on for a period of time. Commence thy tethering!