Free wifi tethering app

Buster1969

Reaction score
Dumb question. I downloaded the app and it works great with my kid's Ipods, but I'm wondering if it uses my data plan while in use? I have the 4gb data plan from Verizon and have not come close to using that much in a month's time (only had my RAZR for a month), but there's times I could see it getting up there, such as on road trips, etc. while away from my home WiFi. Thanks in advance.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Dumb question. I downloaded the app and it works great with my kid's Ipods, but I'm wondering if it uses my data plan while in use? I have the 4gb data plan from Verizon and have not come close to using that much in a month's time (only had my RAZR for a month), but there's times I could see it getting up there, such as on road trips, etc. while away from my home WiFi. Thanks in advance.

Not a stupid question at all. It certainly uses data against your 4GB allotment monthly, so be very careful otherwise you could be hit with a very high overage charge.
;)

mcsoul

Reaction score
Is there an app similar to Foxfi for a non-jailbroken iphone 4, that will let me use my wife's Verizon iphone as a 3g wireless hotspot?

Erikbal

Reaction score
I searched foxfi and nothing came up on the market?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I searched foxfi and nothing came up on the market?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
The first time I searched it auto corrected to foxfire and nothing. But a search for Foxfi brings it up for me? Make sure you are not a victim of auto correcting

treyinga

Reaction score
I have seen this mentioned but not exactly answered.... I used pdanet for emergencies with my droid x and never a provlem. Can verizon tell you are using this app and is it secure for our personal information? I am of that old addage too good to be true, but I would love to use this in emergencies.

Gleason81

Reaction score
how are you guys getting it to work. my laptop will connect but I do not have internet access

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

For whatever reason...takes a few moments longer to connect than with other types of connections. Give it a couple minutes before calling it quits.