FREE wireless tethering app (ROOT NOT NEEDED!)

Gleason81

Reaction score
FoxFi (Beta) 1.22 for Android - Download.comearch "Foxfi" on the Marketplace.

Verizon has an app pre-loaded on many phones but this one is free.

Heard that it currently doesn't work on HTC phones but works like a charm on my RAZR.

turnpike

Reaction score
just downloaded it, trying to find out how to get to the settings for foxfi... i get the message on the top bar for the "stock tethering or mobile hotspot active click here to configure" IGNORE THIS.. foxfi works and is running in the background

brobox

Reaction score
just downloaded it, trying to find out how to get to the settings for foxfi... i get the message on the top bar for the "stock tethering or mobile hotspot active click here to configure" IGNORE THIS.. foxfi works and is running in the background

Try turning wi-fi off on your phone. Doing that got rid of the message on my phone. The App works great!!

TheOMB

Reaction score
I downloaded, tested and works. I would suspect Verizon may attempt to block this app in the market in the future so I got it now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TheOMB

Reaction score
Just search for foxfi in market. That link is showing in forum app and not on forum webpage...for me.

There is also a short video on YouTube.

donelam304

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I got the app. But had a friend search for wifi and nothing. Its not transmitting. Any ideas.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TheOMB

Reaction score
No ideas from me except the usual try reboot, check foxfi settings, make sure your regular wifi is off and other like things.

donelam304

Reaction score
Wifi is off. And when i check wifi and try to turn it on. It says error and i cant click it on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Reset your phone. Apparently there's a glitch on it. Or uninstall and install. It works great on my nexus. Just another reason to stay stock

alboboy10

Reaction score
that's the first thing to always try. That and reinstalling apps I've learned.

Reaction score
curious what's wing with the one installed with the phone on razr? Is that a charged service the you pay over time?

alboboy10

Reaction score
curious what's wing with the one installed with the phone on razr? Is that a charged service the you pay over time?

I was going to ask a similar question. But the one pre installed Verizon can track and charge you an extra 30 a month. But with this, u can tether for free and Verizon doesn't know!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what keeps Verizon from knowing? If not rooted this app can't change the build prop to mask the tethering ...

----posted maxx'ed out----