FREE wireless tethering app (ROOT NOT NEEDED!)

Zebulon

Reaction score
I know a lot of you will probably get a good laugh out of this but I'm new to all of this technical talk. I'll ask anyway. What is wireless tethering? And the big question; what good does it do to root your phone? What is rooting? Thanks in advance. Richard

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you will probably get a good laugh out of this but I'm new to all of this technical talk. I'll ask anyway. What is wireless tethering? And the big question; what good does it do to root your phone? What is rooting? Thanks in advance. Richard

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tethering is when you have one device connected to the internet with another device connected to it "sharing" its internet. Wireless tethering basically removes the wire from the equation using wifi to connect to the host.

Having a Wireless tether app on your phone (4g a plus) allows the phone to become a host using your data plan to connect other devices (laptops, gaming systems etc..) while out and about. Also known as a "hotspot"

----posted maxx'ed out----

Zebulon

Reaction score
Thanks A Million

I really appreciate you explaining tethering to me. Like I said, I'm new to all of this. I'm 55 and disabled. Well, I bought a Droid X from a friend. Love at first site. An elderly lady hadn't had it but 2 months. Looked perfect. I was coming from a BB Curve so I immediately fell in love with the X, the size, the screen, everything. I thought, if this was 4G, I'd be set for life. So I saved up enough to get a Bionic off of craigslist. The reviews on it weren't that good but I thought, ahh, these people just don't know what they're doing. I had it activated and after about a week, I was So sick that I'd bought it. Just crazy stuff on it's own. The I got the update and haven't had one glitch. It's got all I need plus plenty more. Extended use battery,. I wouldn't trade it for Any other phone. Sorry so long. Thanks again, Richard

Zebulon

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, biggdave92. I sure appreciate it.