wifi tether help please

earlybill1

Reaction score
Ok im using razr maxx XT912 ver 4.1.2 and having my ups and downs using foxfi tether. Since my maxx has been rooted sometimes foxfi works for maybe 15 mins then won't work again for days then it'll do same thing 4 days later. So I've went in changed the setting as in changed name from foxfi19 to my last name plus tether(******tether)and also set wep password. Then it'll work again for a while then it'll stop (using on my laptop/ps3/sons ds3d) . So I go back and change a of it back to how if was and always do a reboot, and again just get to use for maybe 10 or 15 mins at a time. So does anyone else have this problem and has anyone figured how to get it to work.? So I've been downloading some WiFi tether apps from the play store and found one its the one I loved and used 24/7 on my droid x its WiFi tether for root users the yellow one and never had any issues for my X but it now does same thing as foxfi . But it does work for the maxx does anyone use this one

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

bocabean

Reaction score
WiFi Tether for Root Users has worked fine for me. At the risk of asking things that you may have already tried, have you tried to clear your cache or even just reboot the device? Have you flashed any roms where something might be left behind causing a problem? What about uninstalling and re-installing both apps? I know that for you that these are all the obvious questions, but we all forget at times to see if the computer was plugged in.

You might want to also check on one of the other message board hang outs. I am very curious to see how this gets resolved for you. I'm hopeful that you will find an answer.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
WiFi Tether for Root Users has worked fine for me. At the risk of asking things that you may have already tried, have you tried to clear your cache or even just reboot the device? Have you flashed any roms where something might be left behind causing a problem? What about uninstalling and re-installing both apps? I know that for you that these are all the obvious questions, but we all forget at times to see if the computer was plugged in.

You might want to also check on one of the other message board hang outs. I am very curious to see how this gets resolved for you. I'm hopeful that you will find an answer.

I've tried rebooting but not clearing cache. So where do I clear cache from ? From the tether apps I'm not sure how to do that can u the me how please. And no have not flashed any roms or themes yet ( please read my other post just two down from this one for rom and theme help) I can't find any lol that I think is safe . Thanks for the quick reply

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Since you're rooted, why not turn on the entitlement hack and get the WiFi tether built into the phone?

I'm not sure how to do this, but there are tons of people on here that do, just search for it.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Since you're rooted, why not turn on the entitlement hack and get the WiFi tether built into the phone?

I'm not sure how to do this, but there are tons of people on here that do, just search for it.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

Wow didn't know I could do that . I'll search for it but kinda don't know what to do I'll let y'all know if I find anything. Does anyone else know how to do this

Reaction score
Since you say foxfi is cutting off after about 15 minutes then I am betting you are using the free version of foxfi. A few updates ago foxfi changed their free software to stop working after about 15 minutes. The only way to get it back was to reboot foxfi. (Total pain) They also added a paid version that doesn't have that restriction for $8 in the play store. If you have the paid version then it shouldn't be doing that.

Reaction score

Keep in mind that you are hacking Verizon software and risk them coming after you for theft of service if and when they start detecting the hack. Neither methods are free.
Now before anyone gets in a hissy with me...Yes I know that foxfi and others like it are circumventing the same thing. To that I say...It is one thing to use someone else's software to your benefit than you personally altering their software for your benefit. The one is you doing it and the other is them doing it. Just something you might want to keep in mind.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you are hacking Verizon software and risk them coming after you for theft of service if and when they start detecting the hack. Neither methods are free.
Now before anyone gets in a hissy with me...Yes I know that foxfi and others like it are circumventing the same thing. To that I say...It is one thing to use someone else's software to your benefit than you personally altering their software for your benefit. The one is you doing it and the other is them doing it. Just something you might want to keep in mind.

Just passing the info on from the forum...OP is already rooted so no going back now.

Reaction score
Just passing the info on from the forum...OP is already rooted so no going back now.

That is all I am doing. I am not bashing you in anyway. I was just giving a disclaimer of sorts. Just like we do when folks want to root...that they are voiding their warranty and could possibly brick their phone.

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Paid the 8 bucks and it works like a charm now...(3 months ago) but with jb...its worth it to me...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX with faulty speaker!!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

Verizon is the one breaking rules by charging people for tethering. They have already been fined once, matter of time before it happens again http://gizmodo.com/5930610/verizon-officially-cant-force-you-to-pay-20-for-tethering-anymore

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
OK I've done the entitlement hack but when I connect to my laptop it say no internet access so what am I doing wrong do I change the channel from 6 to 4 or change name of it cause it shows on my laptop as foxfi38 but I've uninstalled foxfi cause it was not working but why would it show up from the phones tether hotspot

GotnFX

Reaction score
OK I've done the entitlement hack but when I connect to my laptop it say no internet access so what am I doing wrong do I change the channel from 6 to 4 or change name of it cause it shows on my laptop as foxfi38 but I've uninstalled foxfi cause it was not working but why would it show up from the phones tether hotspot

Sounds like you arent connecting to the correct hotspot. It shouldnt be the same name as foxfi. Try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button until it shutoff on its own.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Sounds like you arent connecting to the correct hotspot. It shouldnt be the same name as foxfi. Try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button until it shutoff on its own.

Yea so I found out I re-downloaded foxfi so that's probably why its showing up but it still don't work if I use foxfi should I delete foxfi again and try just the phones hotspot because I don't think I did it right the first time .....like I said I did. Will the entitlement hack stay the same its set to 0 but on my phone its number 59 I think......also if I'm using foxfi should I also have the pdnet downloaded with it cause I didn't this last time