Foxfi seems to be working now.

ms1951

Reaction score
I was browsing another forum and somebody posted Foxfi now works on the (upgraded) Droid Maxx. Since I purchased this app when I had my Bionic I decided to download it (and the Key) and test it out. It works - was able to start it up and connect my Nexus 7 to the internet via my Maxx.
:icon_ lala:

tmal2

Reaction score
Interesting!! It's working on mine too. I do get a pop up saying I have to go to setting and enable mobile hotspot within 30 seconds but once I do that it does work. I'm loving that

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The latest update to Foxfi added more working devices .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

quizzard

Reaction score
I've got my Maxx rooted with SQLite edit. Hooray for unlimited data.

The Maxx has more efficient hardware than my old Bionic. It doesn't heat up during intensive tethering, AND it still lasts for 13 hours uncharged.

cjj2d

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me.

I have my maxx rooted. I have used SQlite to change the entitlement to 0.
I can not however get the Wifi Tether app I used and loved on my bionic to work. It is granted SU access, however I can't seem to get it.

The stock hot spot app now is able to run with the change to the entitlement value.

Any tips on getting the Wifi Tether app working?

cjj2d

Reaction score
I have rebooted twice.

I am trying different channels and still not getting it going.

quizzard

Reaction score
Have you tried using the STOCK tethering app?

All I needed to do was do was root, SQLite edit, and reboot. Using stock tethering program with a shortcut widget.

Edit: Reread your post, I can't really help you. There wasn't a good reason for me to use any tethering app other than the shortcut widget. I can turn on/off tethering with a single touch.

Second Edit: The widget is called "Tethering Widget" by Hi-Develop.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Downloading now! Thanks ms1951!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Have you tried using the STOCK tethering app?

All I needed to do was do was root, SQLite edit, and reboot. Using stock tethering program with a shortcut widget.

Edit: Reread your post, I can't really help you. There wasn't a good reason for me to use any tethering app other than the shortcut widget. I can turn on/off tethering with a single touch.

Second Edit: The widget is called "Tethering Widget" by Hi-Develop.

I am familiar with the Hotspot hack, but you are you also saying that the "Tethering Widget" still works on non-rooted, stock phones? There was a WIFI Hotspot Toggle that used to work on S4 and other phones, but it doesn't work on my MAXX.

quizzard

Reaction score
The tethering widget is just a shortcut to the stock tethering program. The shortcut will work, however, the stock tethering program will NOT work unless the SQLite edit is performed, so no dice there.

cjj2d

Reaction score
The tethering widget is just a shortcut to the stock tethering program. The shortcut will work, however, the stock tethering program will NOT work unless the SQLite edit is performed, so no dice there.

I have done the SQlite edit.

I can get the stock app to run and connect and FoxFi to run and connect, however I can not get any internet activity on a connected device, and I still can not get WifiTether to work correctly.

any other ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Confirmed...Foxfi now works with built-in hotspot feature on the MAXX. :icon_ banana:

Tas

Reaction score
So do I have to keep the hotshot feature always turned on on my phone to use foxfi?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No, it will prompt you to turn it in each time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk