foxfi and device ownership password

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by marc434, Sep 21, 2012.

1. marc434

marc434 New Member

My issue is this, on my previous phone the bionic, i was able to just turn on foxfi and would be able to connect to the internet on laptop, got a Droid RAZR, now when i attempt to connect using foxfi and laptop ssid name and device ownership password.....anyone know how i can find out what my DOP is so that i can connect.....Thank You in advance from the expertise that comes from this forum..
  2. marc434

marc434 New Member

Anyone know anything about this issue......would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  3. Death4U

Death4U New Member

Foxfi used to work fine for me now issue im having now is not the same your having. The issue i have is it crashes the wifi radio after a few mins on getting a connection and only way for it to work again for another few is to reboot. To remedy my issue i just installed wifi tether app from play store it requires a rooted phone but at least it flawless.
  4. marc434

marc434 New Member

So many issue that people post on here, so many responses.......TECHNOLOGY, right???? We become so depressant on our technology, i just want to connect to to laptop......actually mine was having same issue as your, would crashes and in order to get it back you have to jump through hoops. I uninstalled/re-installed works good so far.. just can't connect to laptop. Wants device ownership PW.
  5. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

A quick "Google" of "Device Ownership Password" turned up this. In my probing, seems everyone having the problem has a Dell Laptop. Device password seems to refer a normal routers' password. For a phone, I guess this would be the WPA password you set, but not sure. Two people said to make the following change and the prompt would go away: Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs-> Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software -> Modify -> Unmarked WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP (check to make sure that this is selected) . Hope this helps, if not try googling it, there are a lot of hits for that search term listed above.
Search tags for this page

device ownership password

droid razr device ownership password

foxfi 13 wpa key

foxfi device ownership password

foxfi password

foxfi password not working

foxfi password protect
foxfi wpa key

foxfi wpa password

foxfi.com/devices

how do i change password for foxfi