foxfi for s4

GVLBob

Reaction score
How does the lock screen work? I did the update but just ignore the error message

I installed the update for FoxFi (version 2.13.1) and then enabled it to install a certificate on my phone vis VPN. During that process, I was not asked to turn on a lock screen, perhaps because I was already using one.

As @dezymond also found, FoxFi works fine now... no Verizon message box.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I installed the update for FoxFi and then enabled it to install a certificate on my phone vis VPN. During that process, I was not asked to turn on a lock screen, perhaps because I was already using one.

Works fine now... no Verizon message box.

Just did the foxfi update. Works as mentioned

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I installed the update for FoxFi (version 2.13.1) and then enabled it to install a certificate on my phone vis VPN. During that process, I was not asked to turn on a lock screen, perhaps because I was already using one.

As @dezymond also found, FoxFi works fine now... no Verizon message box.

I haven't installed the new Foxfi version yet. If I'm reading correctly, since I don't use nor do I want to use a lockscreen, you have to go into the Foxfi settings and activate "no lockscreen" under the hash code. This may continue to bring up the Verizon authorization, but you can ignore it as we do right now.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Last edited:

GVLBob

Reaction score
I haven't installed the need Foxfi version yet. If I'm reading correctly, since I don't use nor do I want to use a lockscreen, you have to do into the Foxfi settings and activate "no lockscreen" under the hash code. This may continue to bring up the Verizon authorization, but you can ignore it as we do right now.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

That is my understanding as well, from reading the Description in the Play Store.

Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove my Lock Screen after installing the update and the option to have no lock screen is now grayed out. I would imagine I would have to delete the certificate first if I wanted to change to no lock screen.

MikeMercury

Reaction score
Just did the... update. Works as mentioned

Although I avoid updates like the plague... yesterday when syncing my S4 to my PC... it auto-started an update (that I didn't want to risk interrupting); so I feared the worse.

I am on a full data plan via Verizon; and now after the update...
FoxFi still runs; though when clicking the "Activate Hot Spot" box... a window briefly pops-up saying "checking for subscription status". That popup goes away and FoxFi does indeed work.

I don't remember it doing that pre-update.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am on a full data plan via Verizon; and now after the update...
FoxFi still runs; though when clicking the "Activate Hot Spot" box... a window briefly pops-up saying "checking for subscription status". That popup goes away and FoxFi does indeed work.

I don't remember it doing that pre-update.

You are correct, it wasn't there before the update. You'll probably receive the new Foxfi update shortly, as it's specifically for the S4.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just out of curiosity, I tried to remove my Lock Screen after installing the update and the option to have no lock screen is now grayed out. I would imagine I would have to delete the certificate first if I wanted to change to no lock screen.

Yes, you'll have to remove the certificate first, before getting rid of the lockscreen.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ah, there's no joy in Mudville folks. Decided to fdr to have the Wi-Fi toggle, however, also had to reset Foxfi - the updated version. Now I can't access it without first setting a lockscreen. Hope I'll be able to follow the info in their description and remove the lockscreen through the hash code, and have Foxfi work from there. I really despise using a lockscreen.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah, there's no joy in Mudville folks. Decided to fdr to have the Wi-Fi toggle, however, also had to reset Foxfi - the updated version. Now I can't access it without first setting a lockscreen. Hope I'll be able to follow the info in their description and remove the lockscreen through the hash code, and have Foxfi work from there. I really despise using a lockscreen.

Same situation here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I see the Thunderbolt in your profile. Do you now have the S4? If so, have you done the Foxfi update that's specifically for the S4?

I need to change my profile. Not sure how to do that but I currently have an s4. I have done the update and I gave not had any problems. No pop up errors since the foxfi update

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I need to change my profile. Not sure how to do that but I currently have an s4.

Settings - Edit Profile (on left side of page)

I have done the update and I gave not had any problems. No pop up errors since the foxfi update

You had to do the OTA update before receiving the one for Foxfi, correct? I got the initial question from Verizon to activate tethering after installing the OTA, which I ignored. Then the Foxfi update came in which asks to setup a lock screen to use, which I also ignored until doing an fdr, and while reinstalling my apps, the new Foxfi update jumped in then. Sent them a query about being able to remove or not use a lock screen via their hash code in settings. Hoping to hear something soon.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Settings - Edit Profile (on left side of page)

You had to do the OTA update before receiving the one for Foxfi, correct? I got the initial question from Verizon to activate tethering after installing the OTA, which I ignored. Then the Foxfi update came in which asks to setup a lock screen to use, which I also ignored until doing an fdr, and while reinstalling my apps, the new Foxfi update jumped in then. Sent them a query about being able to remove or not use a lock screen via their hash code in settings. Hoping to hear something soon.

This is all I see in settings. Was able to change my sig.
To answer your question yes I did the OTA update then foxi update
View attachment 64903

galaxy s4