PdaNet/FoxFi and the Galaxy S4

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm seriously looking at the S4 when it's released and was wondering how it will work with FoxFi or PdaNet. It seems that, right now at least, the SIII doesn't work with FoxFi and unless there's a fix, it probably won't work with the S4. However, does it work being tethered and using PdaNet? I don't have an issue using the cord, as a matter of fact, my Bionic is tethered and I'm using PdaNet right now while at work. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.........

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe the issue is foxfi doesn't work on any Samsung device, just as much as it is that Pda net won't work on jb... If I recall foxfi hasn't worked with Samsung devices... I could be wrong..

jseah

Reaction score
PDA Net+ (PDA Net with FoxFi) works fine on my Galaxy Note 2.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I stand corrected... I never tried it on my note2.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Okay, good to know. I take it, this is with jelly bean.

kkwst2

Reaction score
FoxFi works on my Verizon Nexus with 4.2.2. It isn't even as simple as device and Android version, because it does not work on my wife's Sprint GS3 4.1.2 (?? not 100% on version). Something is different about Sprint FW that it won't work. I think all bets are off until someone tries it. FoxFi is nifty but they are pretty slow to develop for new phones. The root options are much more reliable, but of course we'll have to wait for good root solutions (I'm guessing your'e not into rooting if you're asking abotu FoxFi).

Reaction score
I tried to install pdanet and foxfi on my buddy's sprint gs3 but couldn't get them from playstore. I think sprint blocks teather apps. I even tried to s-beam it to him.

droidworld

Reaction score
Sprint and TMobile removed foxi from their playstore. I want to get the s4 but i need foxi still using my Droid bionic which with jelly bean still works like a charm. So maybe we get lucky.

Ducky8888

Reaction score
I got the S4 on saturday, installed everythign the same way I did on my S3 (which was working fine), but on the S4 foxfi crashes and says "unfortunately foxfi has stopped"

I have sent a support request to june fabric

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at the S4 when it's released and was wondering how it will work with FoxFi or PdaNet. It seems that, right now at least, the SIII doesn't work with FoxFi and unless there's a fix, it probably won't work with the S4. However, does it work being tethered and using PdaNet? I don't have an issue using the cord, as a matter of fact, my Bionic is tethered and I'm using PdaNet right now while at work. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.........

Use elixir widgets 2 the hotspot widget bypasses the activation check and turns on the stock hotspot app normally.