foxfi for s4

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
There shouldn't be. Heck, my vzw rep even recommended I download FoxFi since I had unlimited. I've kept an eye on my account every day since upgrading and so far no "mobile hotspot" plan was added to my account. Thought he was trying to dupe me into the plan lol

Thanks for sharing that. Lol. That does ease my mind. I'll pay attention just in case

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I am sorry they are selling unlimited data. I have it and will always have it. I usually use 4 gig. Sometimes I have gone up to 50. But its mine to use I pay for it.

To say someone who uses data that they pay for is idioic.
So you use 50 Gigs on your phone "without tethering", yea right, LOL. Listen I am not here sighting with Verizon, but when a carrier sells you a contract for unlimited data on your cell phone, I am sure tethering, home Internet substitute or business tethering was not part of the contract, there is a reason the company sells separate tethering plans. Do to people abusing their unlimited, it has in the end effected EVERYONE, as is the case with no more unlimited data plans on Verizon or AT&T. I can see 5-10 Gigs a month, but 50-100 is just plain abusive, please you can go cry me a river all you want, you are abusing your unlimited plan by manipulating the data allotment by using your device as a tethering tool with no regard to the rest of the Verizon subscribers. It's like going to an all buffet restaurant, eating all you can eat in one sitting, and then packaging as much food as you can carry for your enjoyment at home. Once again, when Verizon sold you that unlimited data plan, I am sure tethering or home Internet substitute was not in the contract. But once people like yourself started to abuse the system, the carrier said no more unlimited to the rest of the subscribers.Heck, most people don't even use 50-100 gigs on their home Internet, unless they are YouTube and Pron junkies.

Last edited:

MTsang

Reaction score
I got the same message today. First time since the S4 firmware update. It still work I just hit cancel button and go back to the home page. I always try to limit myself 10gb a month data, sometimes I go over a little but its still ok compare to some user that I have read using 50gb is ridiculous! Who can blame Verizon to protect the interest of the company. That alone can ruin it for all of us unlimited user. I believe its only a matter of time.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I got the same message today. First time since the S4 firmware update. It still work I just hit cancel button and go back to the home page. I always try to limit myself 10gb a month data, sometimes I go over a little but its still ok compare to some user that I have read using 50gb is ridiculous! Who can blame Verizon to protect the interest of the company. That alone can ruin it for all of us unlimited user. I believe its only a matter of time.

I agree that those streaming many GB should pay accordingly, but at the same time I note that Verizon crams the phone with bloatware designed to promote streaming, just when they're pushing folks to limited plans which incur expensive overage fees. Yes, I understand they are entitled to profit, but don't pretend to be limiting bandwidth to make the system more usable, while really just trying to profit from it. I suppose the overage fees do serve as a disincentive, but I doubt that's Verizon's primary motivation.

rexboe

Reaction score
When you get the pop up just hit the home button and it will work.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Okay ....... please explain to me what good came of this update. Can' t root or removes root for those that are/or would want to, need to do a factory reset to get the Wi-fi toggle, and now this hiccup with Foxfi (which I love BTW). Glad I haven't updated yet. It's crazy, but this is the first time I haven't searched for and updated immediately upon hearing it was available. ---Thanks Verizon (that thanks folks, was some serious sarcasm):happy3:

I know I'll probably have to update (later rather than sooner), and hopefully smarter heads will prevail, the craziness will subside, and we'll be able to use our devices without having to jump through hoops to do so. Shame of the matter is, the S4 is a damn nice microcomputer that also happens to be a phone.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Okay ....... please explain to me what good came of this update. Can' t root or removes route for those that are/or would want to, need to do a factory reset to get the Wi-fi toggle, and now this hiccup with Foxfi (which I love BTW). Glad I haven't updated yet. It's crazy, but this is the first time I haven't searched for and updated immediately upon hearing it was available. ---Thanks Verizon (that thanks folks, was some serious sarcasm):happy3:

I know I'll probably have to update (later rather than sooner), and hopefully smarter heads will prevail, the craziness will subside, and we'll be able to use our devices without having to jump through hoops to do so. Shame of the matter is, the S4 is a damn nice microcomputer that also happens to be a phone.

No problems really. Foxi Still works. I dont root so I don't understand all that. .phone is working great to me.

MTsang

Reaction score
In reply to what good does this update come up with. So far, I discovered two things. One is I was able to change my profile name (edit name) in Google+ (no more showing real name when posting). Two, I was able to move my apps to SD card just by going to my application instead of my files. The whole process is easier now. I am sure there are still some goods but I havent got the time to discover them all. Most important foxfi still works.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
In reply to what good does this update come up with. So far, I discovered two things. One is I was able to change my profile name (edit name) in Google+ (no more showing real name when posting). Two, I was able to move my apps to SD card just by going to my application instead of my files. The whole process is easier now. I am sure there are still some goods but I havent got the time to discover them all. Most important foxfi still works.

Forgot about moving apps to the SD card. Guess I never had enough apps to consume the usable internal space. Have a 32 gig installed, maybe I'll move over a couple of things.

jacobbones

Reaction score
I have unlimited and I use foxfi.
I haven't upgraded yet in fear of foxfi not working afterwards, and just popped on here to see if anyone was talking about it.

So just want to make sure before I upgrade. Foxfi will still work as normal I just have to close the pop-up by hitting home?? Will it pop up everytime you open it or just the first?

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I have unlimited and I use foxfi.
I haven't upgraded yet in fear of foxfi not working afterwards, and just popped on here to see if anyone was talking about it.

So just want to make sure before I upgrade. Foxfi will still work as normal I just have to close the pop-up by hitting home?? Will it pop up everytime you open it or just the first?

Foxi works fine with the update. The pop up is as mentioned by someone on the forum as a scare tactic. You can just hit the home button on the phone afterwords.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just installed the update. First thing up ...... Foxfi wants to update, and mentions the dreaded lockscreen to not have any issues, or just ignore the question when it comes up as others have mentioned and either cancel our hit home button. I'll probably check this out tomorrow.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just got the FoxFi update which specifically targeted the s4, still works flawlessly for me.