foxfi for s4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I now get the same thing, but didn't prior to the upgrade.
Upgrade on FoxFi or upgrade on firmware for the s4?

Guess they're trying to prevent tethering for those without a hotspot plan...stinkin Verizon

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
Upgrade on FoxFi or upgrade on firmware for the s4?

Guess they're trying to prevent tethering for those without a hotspot plan...stinkin Verizon

Mine was after updating the firmware

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anyone is using this app after the update I am receiving this error. Not sure if it works the way it should now.

View attachment 64665
It still works, once the pop up window comes up, just chose Go to My Verizon Mobile, after the app opens, just press the home button and you are good to go. This is pretty much implemented for all those unlimited data HOGS who use their unlimited data to tether like there is no tomorrow, sorry if I was Verizon I would do the same thing, they are selling you unlimited data for your device, not to use it as a substitute of your home Internet or business solutions, people always had to pay extra for a tethering plan, but this is happening do to those unlimited data plan users who have abused it.. I also have unlimited data, but have never gone to the extremes that I see some people boast about, like 100 GIGS a month. No wonder Verizon is doing this.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. One of my favorite apps. I hope foxi will release a fix for this
The way this phone is locked down, especially with the Knox security software implemented by Samsung, I say good luck, same thing with Root Access, the Devs will have a ball trying to Root this device.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
It still works, once the pop up window come up just chose Go to My Verizon Mobile, after the app opens, just press the home button and you are good to go. This is pretty much implemented for all those unlimited data HOGS who use their unlimited data to tether. I alos have unlimited data, but have never gone to the extremes that I see some people boast about, like 100 GIGS a month. No wonder Verizon is doing this.

So if it works then why have that message?I will give this a try.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Running stock rooted and I am not sacrificing root for app2sd and a possible smoother UI
Sooner or later you will have to get the update, no matter how hard you resist, even by being rooted, once 4.3 comes out "which again will be a new build" that the Devs will have no access to, what will you do, if by that time the devs have not broken the new boot loader lock, they also will not be able to flash any new updates to your device, since any new build has to be accessible to the devs for them to implement their features, so again, what will you do. And what happens when 5.0 ships to the S4, which it will, and the Devs still have not broken the code, what will you do, that is the question.

Last edited: