PdaNet/FoxFi and the Galaxy S4

Ducky8888

Reaction score
I am not sure if there has been a recent update to PDAnet or Foxfi, but mine is now working if I enable Wifi through PDAnet. This is on an ATT phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
FoxFi supported devices: FoxFi Devices

That list seems very out of date. First of all it doesn't include many of the newer phones and on the SGS3 (AT&T) it says don't upgrade to JB but I upgraded to JB and it works just fine. It also appears to work on Verizon's S4 which isn't even listed. You would think that the list would be very important to update, if not urgent.

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
So when foxwifi turns on the wifi my stock mobile hotspot pops up and you guys are saying it wont charge my account? because i have to click configure on the stock app and save the ID i put in foxwifi and it starts to work.:blink:

urklegrue

Reaction score
So when foxwifi turns on the wifi my stock mobile hotspot pops up and you guys are saying it wont charge my account? because i have to click configure on the stock app and save the ID i put in foxwifi and it starts to work.:blink:

I just ignored the popup entirely and Foxfi worked anyway.

jseah

Reaction score

Yep. I've used FoxFi/PDANet+ several times on my Note 2, the longest time being about 2 hours straight and no hotspot charge ever showed up on my account.

MTsang

Reaction score
I used to have SVTP wifi hotspot, but it doesnt work for my new Verizon Galaxy S4 anymore so sad... so today I decided to tested out foxfi plus installed the pdanet app separatley, I was happy to see that it worked for my Verizon Galaxy S4.
Right away I made the purchase for the full version Foxfi+Pdanet (2-in one app), did run into authentication problems at the beginning, but after I mess around change the network name and password it works like a charm. Verizon Galaxy S4.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

If you have PDANet installed and the FoxFi key execute the PDANet app instead.

Last edited:

JohnMcD348

Reaction score
Hi. New Guy Here.

I just bought and installed PDANet+ on my Galaxy Note 2 and it worked fine to allow my 2 tablets to connect to the net through the phone. I installed it onto my wife's new S4 and it doesn't seem to work at all. I can get the BT connection to occur but it does not allow any transfer of data. Both phones are Sprint phones so I can't say it's Samsung phones or Sprint. I also noticed on the Phone app that it says that FoxFi 2.10 has an update.

When I try to run the wireless tether it fails to start.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

jseah

Reaction score
It could be an issue with Sprint blocking tethering apps. From what others have said, PDANet+ works fine with Verizon S4's.

steeletown

Reaction score
Hi. New Guy Here.

I just bought and installed PDANet+ on my Galaxy Note 2 and it worked fine to allow my 2 tablets to connect to the net through the phone. I installed it onto my wife's new S4 and it doesn't seem to work at all. I can get the BT connection to occur but it does not allow any transfer of data. Both phones are Sprint phones so I can't say it's Samsung phones or Sprint. I also noticed on the Phone app that it says that FoxFi 2.10 has an update.

When I try to run the wireless tether it fails to start.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Doesn't work with sprint they blocked it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's possible that even if the Google Store says your provider blocked it to download it manually from PDANet and install it. I had to do the same for AT&T.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Okay.......I picked up an S4, Friday after work and absolutely love it. Foxfi works like a charm, with the major difference from the Bionic being the look of Verizon's hotspot (as shown in the pic Wicked posted). You shouldn't do anything with that hotspot button, as explained before, Foxfi exploits and uses the Verizon hotspot to provide your access. Once it says that Foxfi is up and running on the Foxfi screen, you're good to go. :icon_ lala:

And as soon as I figure out how to remove the Bonic pic from my signature, it'll be gone.

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay.......I picked up an S4, Friday after work and absolutely love it. Foxfi works like a charm, with the major difference from the Bionic being the look of Verizon's hotspot (as shown in the pic Wicked posited). You shouldn't do anything with that hotspot button, as explained before, Foxfi exploits and uses the Verizon hotspot to provide your access. Once it says that Foxfi is up and running on the Foxfi screen, you're good to go. :icon_ lala:

And as soon as I figure out how to remove the Bonic pic from my signature, it'll be gone.

Top right corner of the screen, settings-edit signature on the left.