found a way to keep 4g

deduct

Reaction score
Yeah. Eclipse is by far the most solid rom for bionic. Im really loving the nice cream sandwich theme.

deduct

Reaction score
Not yet. Latest is eclipse 2.2. There are some awesome themes though

smilepak

Reaction score
Avr
I am running gummy May 8, 2012 and like everybody else.. bad 4g signals.

When i install new rom, 4g is good.. then when i reboot, i lose 4g signals all the time. I reboot the device

and go though the motions.. turn GSM, on and off and CDMA, ETC.. anyway, today i decided to just

wipe dalvik only and guess what? it work for me. it will update like when you install new gapp.

so far, strong 4g signal.
I also post this on rootzwiki to help other people out.

I concur.Have exact same issue. Did it and worked

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
I'm on gummy 1.0.2 official not nightly and I have wiped everything except data an I still get data drops all the time. Please help its driving me nuts.

hey, so you are on Gummy 1.0.2? there is a newer Gummy version.. 1.2 and also, Gummy nightly MAY 20, 2012
The 1.2 is the official version of Gummy. I do not wipe data if i am coming from previous version of Gummy.. for Bionic only
i just format cache and wipe dalvik.. never data, unless you like reinstalling everything. you can always format data later if you
are having problems. 4g issue? I just wipe dalvik.. but i never tried wiping cache instead of dalvik first. Dalvik is the
first one i tried.. maybe it doesn't what you format first?

Last edited:

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
those of you on stock you have no real say or opinion as ur not running gummy or any other ics rom since its ics roms that have been having this issue. Just saying to stock users its pointless to say if ur on stock that you haven't had issues since stock rarely has these kind of issues since they we're developed by Motorola not by devs creating custom roms

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
this wipe calvek worked for me it was just so inconvienent doing it a couple times a day i got fed up and i'm trying out eclipse now. ( i did try 1.2.0 also) i cant wait for gummy or anyone for that matter to find that golden ticket and get ics to the stable stage for us.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I am running Axioim on top of the .904 base. Every time I reboot i lose data all together. The dalvik wipe works, when I reboot after that I get 4g back, it just sucks we have to do that cause it takes soooo long to boot back up. But otherwise this is the only ICS ROM I haven't had too many problems with.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
I am running Axioim on top of the .904 base. Every time I reboot i lose data all together. The dalvik wipe works, when I reboot after that I get 4g back, it just sucks we have to do that cause it takes soooo long to boot back up. But otherwise this is the only ICS ROM I haven't had too many problems with.

glad it worked for you!!! it's a pain to reinstall all the apps.
question: is Axioim a 4.3 or 4.4 ice? too lazy to look up. lol
can you use Netflix in Axioim? i can't play anything in Gummy 1.2.. but i used to able to play in Gummy 1.0.2
it's not a big deal. but.. trying to keep my little girl quiet... well, you understand.
strange

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure right now as I'm on my stock side right now, but I'm pretty sure its 4.0.3. I am able to look at movies on Netflix right now, but I haven't tried playing any movies yet.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure right now as I'm on my stock side right now, but I'm pretty sure its 4.0.3. I am able to look at movies on Netflix right now, but I haven't tried playing any movies yet.

thanks.. i am assuming you were looking at the menu and haven't played any movies yet?
last part of your sentence were a little verge..

on another note.. if anybody have kids and you don't want to get them cell service or get them off
your phone because they want to play games.. you know what i mean!!!
this is what i did for my daughter..
help from Tomsgt2 from (droid hive)
"yes i make and receive calls to this phone it has a Google voice number that you can receive calls or text and even check your voice mail. All without it activated. In the Google voice settings from a computer you need go to Google.com/voice under settings click forward calls to Google chat this will link your phone to Google talk app and your phone. Now call the Google phone number from another phone and your not activated phone will ring."
from my mistake what i have learn:
do not forward calls to your old phone with your new Google number. because, it's going to ask you for a working number.. think about it??? you can't receive
calls, if you don't have a working service.. right? click on Google chat and that's it. oh, i install Groove ip.. paid version. paid app works over
WiFi and phone service and free one only works over phone service.
i do not think you have to install Groove ip to get it to work.. i just happened to had it already install.