1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4G

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ricks, Jan 26, 2013.

1. ricks

ricks Member

Yesterday I noticed that I now have 4G at my home. It seems to be a real strong signal. How can I see when and where they put up a new tower/antenna?
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Your carrier will not disclose the actual locations of cell sites or which ones are recently upgraded. The reasons are many but being that it's a communications system that supports 911 is the primary one. Since it's an emergency communications system it is a potential target of sabbotage. Also, since it's a corporation for profit and in competition with other cellular carriers they prefer to keep their corporate secrets secret.

That said, there are apps which allow the users to pin locations of known towers so you can evaluate your coverage and why it's better in one place than another.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  3. ricks

ricks Member

I tried a few apps and I'm finding that I might be in between 2 LTE towers 10-15 miles apart. The signal is maxed out, which surprises me. What is a good app to verify the signal strength?
  4. moset

moset Member

http://www.antennasearch.com/default.asp

Try this.
    I know that Verizon built a tower about 1.5 mi. from my home about 6 months ago. A search here showed there location during the construction of that tower.
    I many apps to no avail.
    Please advise if this was helpful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. moset

moset Member

It won't tell you 3G or 4G but will give lots of Info about the owner and status.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2