found a way to keep 4g

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm running Axiom ICS Rom on my Bionic. However I can't even keep CDMA or 3G let alone 4G. I've tried everything. Going into info and enabling GSM only then reverting to CDMA/LTE. Nothing. It will also loose signal all together. Running .902 kernel. Have stock dual booted also and it works fine. (Safe strap)

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
I'm on Gummy 1.2 on my bionic and i love it. When it gets 4G, its awesome and never drops it seems (got .902 on my phone), but again, when it restarts I lose most chance of getting data back at all. Sometimes it works when I play with the testing code you put in the dialer (I think it works best with CDMA Auto PRL Update or something to that effect).

Just trying your "fix" right now, annnnnnd....it works!

Now if someone will try the leaked .904 update and see if that helps us any....

I'm glad you didn't think it was a crazy fix.. i think it's faster to do a dalvik wipe and you do not have to wipe data, do restore, too much time wasted.
you can always go back and switch gsm, cdma, etc

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
I'm running Axiom ICS Rom on my Bionic. However I can't even keep CDMA or 3G let alone 4G. I've tried everything. Going into info and enabling GSM only then reverting to CDMA/LTE. Nothing. It will also loose signal all together. Running .902 kernel. Have stock dual booted also and it works fine. (Safe strap)

have you tried dalvik wipe only? it works for Gummy.. i don't know about your AXIOM, but it should work. try it
and post the result

kadaj21

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't think it was a crazy fix.. i think it's faster to do a dalvik wipe and you do not have to wipe data, do restore, too much time wasted.
you can always go back and switch gsm, cdma, etc

Yeah, it seems like every so often it'll kick off data, and then I'll reboot, go into recovery, wipe dalvik and after its loaded up, I've got data again. I wonder if devs will find a fix before VZW and Moto release ICS for the Bionic ^^;;

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like every so often it'll kick off data, and then I'll reboot, go into recovery, wipe dalvik and after its loaded up, I've got data again. I wonder if devs will find a fix before VZW and Moto release ICS for the Bionic ^^;;

what can we do? Ice is not official yet, so that's part of the problems.. their are many people working on different roms
for the rest of us, so i can't really complain.. but like a lot of people.. i wish everything was working.. ahhhhh, ahhhhhh

B

bens42608

When I first posted somehow I didn't realize u were just talking about the ics gummy ROM. I've also been having a problem with losing data after rebooting the ROM.thank for the help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
When I first posted somehow I didn't realize u were just talking about the ics gummy ROM. I've also been having a problem with losing data after rebooting the ROM.thank for the help

hey, no problem.. i also do the same thing once in awhile.
question.. i assumed.. you only wipe dilvik or did you had to do more then that?
Also, did your 4g signal last as long as you did not reboot your phone?
just curious
thanks

raul4916

Reaction score
a good rom for data and 4.0 is miui
but the problem is there is no external sd access
and u have to dial *#*#4636#*#* but after tht it nvr died
and battery life really gd

xmguy

Reaction score
have you tried dalvik wipe only? it works for Gummy.. i don't know about your AXIOM, but it should work. try it
and post the result

I tried this. Seemed to help more than before. I now can get basic signal (1X) and EV-DO as well as 4G LTE. But it's not NEAR stable. I have Phone Info on my home screen to toggle between GSM only and CDMA Only/ CDMA Only (PRL) and LTE (listed as CDMA / GSM (PRL) ). It works sometimes. Then sometimes it doesn't. I guess this is the Kernel?

jickracer007

Reaction score
Delvick

Nicely done, nicely done.
I have 2 batteries and whenever I changed them bam on re-boot no data tried it and worked perfectly.
I don't know why I didn't think of it but I am glad you did.!!

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
Wiping dalvik didn't work for me. Um on ics4bionic by gummy

hey, couldn't tell you why it did not work.. that's what i have been doing.. when i first did this post,
i was on Gummy May 8, 2012 and i have since moved to Gummy 1.2 and i still wipe Dalvik on reboot.
notice you said: {you were on ics4bionic by Gummy} i am not familiar with all roms, i have tried few and i like Gummy.
question, is "ics4bionic" a rom for Bionic Gummy or something else? i guess i could Google it..
anyway, try wiping catch, format system, GSM, CDMA resets.. another question, when you were on stock, did you have
any 4g signal issues? if yes, that might be part of your problem. if you were not having problems with 4g, then I am
assuming you are not on Gummy 1.2 and you are using SelfKang Beta Nighties.. I just Google it
sorry it's so long.

OP
M

muffins7497

Reaction score
Nicely done, nicely done.
I have 2 batteries and whenever I changed them bam on re-boot no data tried it and worked perfectly.
I don't know why I didn't think of it but I am glad you did.!!

hey, no problem. glad it help you. like you, i was tired of wiping, restoring all the time and i got this
bright ideal.. why don't i just wipe one and see what happens.. i guess lazy has it's rewards.:)

Reaction score
I'm on gummy 1.0.2 official not nightly and I have wiped everything except data an I still get data drops all the time. Please help its driving me nuts.

B

bens42608

I'm on gummy 1.0.2 official not nightly and I have wiped everything except data an I still get data drops all the time. Please help its driving me nuts.

ics roms are cool to check out and preview what it will look like but they're really not suitable add daily drivers. I tried out gummy and it was cool but I erased it and tried out eclipse 2.2 and this ROM works a million times better. And it's madre top be a daily driver