For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

pilot25

Reaction score
What does this post have to do with anything?

Lol the iPhone doesn't get all the attention. Check phone review websites.

Venting pure frustration with how Google doesn't know how to handle marketing a device. I don't love any platform. I want the best device out now. That would be the Gnex. If the iphone5 was out then maybe there would be a decision to make.

My OG is dying fast and if Google had any sense they would have announced a date, price, and options in Hong Kong. Google is woefully behind Apple in marketing their products.

When you see lines of people camping out to get an Android device then your statement could be true. However, I'm pretty confident I can walk into the VZ store mid-afternoon on Gnex launch date and walk out with as many as my bank account can handle. Not even the store employees know what the hell I'm talking about when I've asked them about the Gnex. Its totally sad.

Looks to be a great device. Terrible PR of that said device.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Venting pure frustration with how Google doesn't know how to handle marketing a device. I don't love any platform. I want the best device out now. That would be the Gnex. If the iphone5 was out then maybe there would be a decision to make.

My OG is dying fast and if Google had any sense they would have announced a date, price, and options in Hong Kong. Google is woefully behind Apple in marketing their products.

When you see lines of people camping out to get an Android device then your statement could be true. However, I'm pretty confident I can walk into the VZ store mid-afternoon on Gnex launch date and walk out with as many as my bank account can handle. Not even the store employees know what the hell I'm talking about when I've asked them about the Gnex. Its totally sad.

Looks to be a great device. Terrible PR of that said device.

None of this has anything to do with Google or Samsung, Verizon is holding the phone up.

As for comparing the Iphone to any Android device, it's pretty irrelevant, as people wait in line for the Iphone because it's the only phone they even look at. Anytime I show an iphone user an Android device, they often find things they like about it, but because everything they use is an Apple device, it's the only choice for them when they purchase a phone and it's also a status symbol for them as much as anything.

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Im still sporting the OG droid and I have been waiting and waiting on this damn GNex so I can finally rid myself of this phone.

So many rumors and Delays, i don't know if I can wait any longer....... seriously.

I have my OG droid rooted, custom ROM, and overclocked to 1.1Ghz
It used to be lightning fast, now its slow as crap.

Like others have said, I only use it to make calls and texts because its so damn slow that it takes forever to open something up....
I hate when go to the app menu and click on something (camera for example) and because it loads so damn slow, the apps are still loading, so the icons move down, and so instead of hitting camera it hits google maps or something..... and I feel like shooting myself, because google maps takes 5 minutes to load on this piece of crap. :mad:

I don't know how much longer I can take this, I was due for an upgrade in August... but held out for the Vigor (Now named rezound) and then I found out about the Galaxy Nexus... and the damn thing just keeps getting delayed.... arrrgh

Chukee

Reaction score
What delays? Please show me one delay Verizon has posted saying the nexus is going to be delayed because I have not seen one from Verizon. And please don't give me these leaked images that an insider is posting and your gooood friend at the Verizon store told you it was delayed. I have check Verizon website and their twitter page and I don't see one post showing that this phone has been delayed. It's true that Verizon don't give dates well in advance but they have been doing that for years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

schoolyard

Reaction score
My OG says text message full even after all texts deleted,must shut down and re-boot to receive new texts,hurry up Nex.

666ogre666

Reaction score
My OG is running great. No lag, no problems, so smooooooth..... but I want a GNex

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alucard9114

Reaction score
I like android but if the iphone5 was out instead of 4s, I'd jump ship long ago. This has to be the worst marketing PR I've ever experienced. Announce a device and release date at the same time. Google can't be any worse at this. Its no wonder apple gets all the hype and fans.

Starting to agree with you wish apple devices were more open and had bigger screens.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
My OG was limping running gingerbread ROMs, but recently sbfd back to stock unrooted for the last few weeks. Before I get a new phone and it is actually running decently well on 2.2. Sadly though, I dropped it and the volume rocker popped out and is long gone :( so going into settings to change the volume is quite frustrating and the nexus cannot come soon enough.

pilot25

Reaction score
None of this has anything to do with Google or Samsung, Verizon is holding the phone up.

That's irrelevant. Its a debacle that Google has control over. They can simply yank it away from Verizon like Apple did when Vz demanded to put their bloat on the iPhone. It was a billion dollar mistake and ATTs gain.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
That's irrelevant. Its a debacle that Google has control over. They can simply yank it away from Verizon like Apple did when Vz demanded to put their bloat on the iPhone. It was a billion dollar mistake and ATTs gain.

Whoever has control, it has been a terrible situation for us (consumers) as they built our excitement with their initial announcement of ICS and the Galaxy Nexus, and now we've been dragging on with nothing but rumors of release (US, at least). Somebody among Google, Samsung, and Verizon need to do something whether it is give us a release date or at least something along the lines of what is the hold-up.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is it irrelevant if Verizon is to blame? Google's not going to throw away all the work they've done for the LTE Nexus, it would be a ridiculous business move, no one even knows this phones coming out but us, so to Google they could care less until the average consumer is made aware of it's existence. The phone released in the UK, so it's Verizon causing the problem and Google isn't even going to bother with one carrier making a flub, they'll just let it ride.