For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by gmmurphy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    my patience is being tried. whos suffering the og (repacement syndrome) fail?

2. mightybrick

mightybrick Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I am. Sadly, I find myself not really using my OG. I only phone someone if I really need to, because it takes so long to open the dialer. Same with SMS, browser, etc. I don't really enjoy using the phone anymore.

3. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I like android but if the iphone5 was out instead of 4s, I'd jump ship long ago. This has to be the worst marketing PR I've ever experienced. Announce a device and release date at the same time. Google can't be any worse at this. Its no wonder apple gets all the hype and fans.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. droseum20

droseum20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my og totally sucks. i need the nexus!

5. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    my og is working the same it has the last few months... i wouldn't call it last legs, i'd call it outdated.

i'm just ready for a new phone, as i always am when my 2 year contract is up. if it wasn't for the nexus waiting, i'd just have went and got a rezound and not looked again till my next contract is up.

what do you guys mean by last legs? i mean, yeah the software slows down some with use, but that happened a very long time ago if your stock, and if you're rommed, try a new one, or just reload that one so its fast again for a while. i'm pretty sure your chips and circuit boards aren't wearing out in the last month or so's wait.

6. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    og, is hurt. answer incomming, got the person, howerver the vibrate and ring tone keeps on going, trying to talk is futile. open dialer, rite 30 seconds later...sms slow to open but works. i dont want to rent a phone. bought the wife dinc2 if htc released unlock bootloader i would jump. seriously bloated, you could not believe. but custom rom on it would be sweet. im tired of speculation like all, but i will wait, and get pissed everytime i dial this og...and wait for this gnex.. thax for listening to my frustration.

7. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah mine is barely hanging on. FCs all the time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. Rayv

Rayv Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Mine works, but very slowly and locks up frequently. My biggest complaint though is the regular low storage notifications. If the GN really ends up only being available in the 16gb, I wont be able to do it :(

9. Hsunami

Hsunami Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same here my droid is limping, but i for me if i switch between 800 (min) and 1000 (max) then do 1000 (Min) and 1200 (max) when it starts to slow it, the phone seems to speed back up. So i just swap between the two speeds using the same kernal and seems to work for me.

but the taking 10 secs to even opening the dialer is extremely annoying.

10. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    running cyan 7, redraw horrible, pe 4, 5, 6 final. and buggles all with same symptoms of answer phone an it keeps ringi g while conne ted.

11. MightyT01

MightyT01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, my OG limps a little, but I can still use it quite well. If the GNex has an epic fail on Verizon of only 16gb then I'm buying a Droid Bionic off contract. I'll be damned if I get locked into a contract with Verizon, after this Verizon/Samsung/Google screw up of a release.

12. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    the problem with the OG is with every app update they seem to become more resource intensive, so every time they update the phone seems to be slowing down more and more. The OG just isn't capable of keeping up with the rapid changing technology. Maybe rooting and certain roms help but no matter what rom I run now I can only install a third of the apps I used to have.