For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

mightybrick

Reaction score
I am. Sadly, I find myself not really using my OG. I only phone someone if I really need to, because it takes so long to open the dialer. Same with SMS, browser, etc. I don't really enjoy using the phone anymore.

pilot25

Reaction score
I like android but if the iphone5 was out instead of 4s, I'd jump ship long ago. This has to be the worst marketing PR I've ever experienced. Announce a device and release date at the same time. Google can't be any worse at this. Its no wonder apple gets all the hype and fans.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

???

Reaction score
my og is working the same it has the last few months... i wouldn't call it last legs, i'd call it outdated.

i'm just ready for a new phone, as i always am when my 2 year contract is up. if it wasn't for the nexus waiting, i'd just have went and got a rezound and not looked again till my next contract is up.

what do you guys mean by last legs? i mean, yeah the software slows down some with use, but that happened a very long time ago if your stock, and if you're rommed, try a new one, or just reload that one so its fast again for a while. i'm pretty sure your chips and circuit boards aren't wearing out in the last month or so's wait.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
og, is hurt. answer incomming, got the person, howerver the vibrate and ring tone keeps on going, trying to talk is futile. open dialer, rite 30 seconds later...sms slow to open but works. i dont want to rent a phone. bought the wife dinc2 if htc released unlock bootloader i would jump. seriously bloated, you could not believe. but custom rom on it would be sweet. im tired of speculation like all, but i will wait, and get pissed everytime i dial this og...and wait for this gnex.. thax for listening to my frustration.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah mine is barely hanging on. FCs all the time

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rayv

Reaction score
Mine works, but very slowly and locks up frequently. My biggest complaint though is the regular low storage notifications. If the GN really ends up only being available in the 16gb, I wont be able to do it :(

Hsunami

Reaction score
same here my droid is limping, but i for me if i switch between 800 (min) and 1000 (max) then do 1000 (Min) and 1200 (max) when it starts to slow it, the phone seems to speed back up. So i just swap between the two speeds using the same kernal and seems to work for me.

but the taking 10 secs to even opening the dialer is extremely annoying.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
my og is working the same it has the last few months... i wouldn't call it last legs, i'd call it outdated.

i'm just ready for a new phone, as i always am when my 2 year contract is up. if it wasn't for the nexus waiting, i'd just have went and got a rezound and not looked again till my next contract is up.

what do you guys mean by last legs? i mean, yeah the software slows down some with use, but that happened a very long time ago if your stock, and if you're rommed, try a new one, or just reload that one so its fast again for a while. i'm pretty sure your chips and circuit boards aren't wearing out in the last month or so's wait.
running cyan 7, redraw horrible, pe 4, 5, 6 final. and buggles all with same symptoms of answer phone an it keeps ringi g while conne ted.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Well, my OG limps a little, but I can still use it quite well. If the GNex has an epic fail on Verizon of only 16gb then I'm buying a Droid Bionic off contract. I'll be damned if I get locked into a contract with Verizon, after this Verizon/Samsung/Google screw up of a release.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
the problem with the OG is with every app update they seem to become more resource intensive, so every time they update the phone seems to be slowing down more and more. The OG just isn't capable of keeping up with the rapid changing technology. Maybe rooting and certain roms help but no matter what rom I run now I can only install a third of the apps I used to have.

droseum20

Reaction score
the only problem i have with custom roms such as CM7 or any other Gingerbread ROM is the speed and battery life. This phone clearly wasn't made to run the Gingerbread update and I found myself going back to stock rom for a while. currently im on an old build of Droid Concepts and it actually runs quite quickly and my battery will last me through the day. my upgrade is the 29th and i REALLY want the Nexus. I dont really care about the 16 GB or the flash support. The fact of having no USB Mass Storage kind of bothers me, but I can get over it. The phone itself is ready to be released (yes, with LTE bands), but Verizon is just waiting for their precious RAZR or Rezound to sell with Verizon's usual bloatware. I've been waiting for a pure Google phone to come on Verizon's network for a long time, and now that its here I cant say Im exactly happy. The hardware is just average, and ICS is still a little buggy. The good part about it is with new updates it will most likely be improved. the specs however, will not. I am looking forward to this phone, but I still will be sad to put the OG away even with the slow speeds.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I like android but if the iphone5 was out instead of 4s, I'd jump ship long ago. This has to be the worst marketing PR I've ever experienced. Announce a device and release date at the same time. Google can't be any worse at this. Its no wonder apple gets all the hype and fans.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

What does this post have to do with anything?

Lol the iPhone doesn't get all the attention. Check phone review websites.