For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

Donsell

Reaction score
I think the digitizer on my OG is going. A lot of times it won't let me answer phone calls.

I just took it back to stock, hopefully that helps but it's time for a new phone.

My wife just broke her OG and I got her a Craig's list Bionic. I could use my update and get a Razr or Rezound and use her update in Feb for whatever is new at the time. But I have a feeling it'll be a lot of locked ICS phones with skins so I'd get get the Nexus anyway.

skruid

Reaction score
I loved my og droid till dropped it and the touch screen went wacky, if I would have never dropped it, I would still be happily rocking the og droid and still being a flash aholic, best and favorite phone ever, now stuck with DROID2 global, good phone but not so hacker friendly, go bye og droid, gonna miss the freedom that you had

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

shrop21

Reaction score
wow are all your og droids really that horrific? i dont dread using my phone..it does have its episodes where it freaks out and force closes stuff but usually a restart fixes it. my battery lasts the day, and thats all i need. im running chevyno1 SS 5.5. if your really having troubles and are not running a custom rom, i would definitely recommend it. but i am definitely excited about the gnexus. i am ready for a change.. hopefully it lauches soon!

phishn

Reaction score
My og is limping. I don't think its so much the hardware but moreso the apps that get heavier and use more resources. The phone is having a hard time multitasking the same apps it did a couple years ago. That being said, every day is a struggle with freeze ups trying to use sportstracker with a Bluetooth hrm/gps and play music with poweramp simultaneously.

The biggest annoyance is when the phone rings and I can't answer it time to time. The screen locks up while the ringer keeps going.

Off topic but annoying is the fact that LTE just got turned up here last week and still waiting for what seems to be a theoretical device announcement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
[video=youtube;wQ7qbqSnLU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7qbqSnLU0&feature=related[/video]

anybodies og still do that? mine laggs in settings

captclueless

Reaction score
i pretty much don't use mine anymore. I use my work blackberry to make calls. Most of the time when I OG droid rings, the slider wont move over to answer it anymore. half the time it locks up the phone so bad I have to remove the battery to reboot it.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Mines still charging along!! Not really having many problems. It does slow down every once in a while but other then that its pretty good.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
its running ok... gingerbread is just to much for it, to keep an smooth operation... running bugless beast based on 2.2.1... and its fast... don't have many apps though, cause it cannot handle much....

I tried my luck with motorola phones, the DX2 constant reboots and audio skipping... had the Bionic, random reboots, data drops, apps disappearing... tried the Razr, same as the Bionic with the data drops...

I have lost faith in motorola phones, the OG Droid was and still is the most trouble free phone I have owned... that is why I am waiting on the SGN before I decided between Rezound and SGN...

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
M¥ DR oid I$ w0R|< ing ju$+ f|n&euro;. N0+ 0n&euro; $|ngL&euro; gL|+¢|-|. :D

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID
holy cow thanks for the chuckle. mine is working the %^&#♥♠, ring ring, hey its me, ♣♦♥who, buzz, vibrate, ♪♪. its amazing, trying to talk while still ringing and vibrating, people laugh, the wife gets pissed>

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Droid Concepts Build 12, stock build 12 kernel, roboto font :biggrin:.