Anyone having Voice and Data connection problems? Yes or no?

baldybill

Reaction score
I've noticed a couple posting about connection dropping. Others that they aren't getting good signal. I don't want to switch to a phone with connection problems (that's kinda important in a phone, right?)

So is anyone being affected?
Is there a patch?

Sent from my OG Droid

cc16177

Reaction score
No problems here. The 3g/4G handoff seems to be improved over my thunderbolt. If anything I've noticed better 4G connectivity. The signal strength doesn't display as "high" as my tb but I'm still receiving great data speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Connection issues have been perfect for me. I'm having a few minor issues due with vibrating functions but other then that the phone is sweet and it will only get better as time goes on.

beltwaybob

Reaction score
I'm in a weak 3G signal area - no 4G - and I rarely lose data connection but it is better than the Bionic I ditched. The Bionic would drop the data connection more often and when it did I would have to run in circles, scream and shout. (reset the Bionic) The Nexus just picks it back up fairly quickly.

MrKleen

Reaction score
My first two days with the device were terrible. I just swapped the phone for another and i will report back in a bit.

Strangely my first phone came with an unlocked bootloader out of the box. It wasnt a return because i was the first to get the phone at my store.

I have my fingers crossed.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My first two days with the device were terrible. I just swapped the phone for another and i will report back in a bit.

Strangely my first phone came with an unlocked bootloader out of the box. It wasnt a return because i was the first to get the phone at my store.

I have my fingers crossed.

You got a test device if the bootloader was unlocked. Good luck on the second one.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've noticed a couple posting about connection dropping. Others that they aren't getting good signal. I don't want to switch to a phone with connection problems (that's kinda important in a phone, right?)

So is anyone being affected?
Is there a patch?

Sent from my OG Droid

No problems here.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Well this morning I tried using the phone and I had no data connection even though it showed full bars for 4g. I had toggle airplane mode on/off to get it to work.

I'm wondering if I should return it for a new one. I really do not want to be having to deal with this issue.

Is it my phone or a software issue that will be addressed at some point with an update?

idioticslacker

Reaction score
Been a silent member for a while, but now that I have this phone I figured it was time to chime in.

I love the phone so far, except the issue with data.

I live in NJ where if there is not 4g there is 3g, but for some reason I keep looking data all together. When I check the phone status page it will say connection type of a 1xRTT with full bars. My OG would drop into 1x from time to time in my area, but would still have data connection. I am not sure if it is the phone or software, but for some reason this phone will not use data in a 1x state. The other thing is once it is in the 1x state I have to reset the phone or it will stay in 1x, even when I know I am in a 3g/4g area.

Debating if I should go back to the store and get another one... even though I spent all yesterday setting everything back up on it. Sucks that there is no flash card so I can back everything up before going to the store and just swap cards.

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
I'm in a very well covered area for 4G/3G/Voice. I had data and voice drop completely many times on release day as well as the day afterwards, but apparently there is an open trouble ticket in my area and level 2 tech support feels I'm being affected by it. They don't think it has anything to do with the device. I haven't had any trouble with it today, so maybe they fixed it, but I also haven't been on it as much so maybe the drops are occurring but I'm not noticing. *shrug* YMMV

anhanymouse

Reaction score
No issues here and I live on the fringe so it switches radios a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

BrendanR

Reaction score
I have had zero problems with data dropping even when I go from 4g to 3g. Also fwiw my friends say I sound much clearer with the GN compared to my T-Bolt.

pamelal

Reaction score
Data connection dropped, didn't reconnect

Connected the Galaxy Nexus to 4G w/great reception, and put the phone down for a few hours in the same spot. When I picked it up again I could not get any data connection. I tried toggling airport off and on, turning the phone off and on, turning my wireless hotspot off and on - with no success. Voice connection worked fine. I put it back down and in about an hour later it reconnected without me doing anything - this time to 3G.

Comments I've read so far say that toggling airport off and on (or powering off and on) reset the connection. In my case neither worked. Anyone else having this issue?