Losing data connection and calls a hardware issue or LTE tower problem?

cj1896

Reaction score
more like white hot steaming ignorance....

How is that ignorant? I have had 2 consecutive defective units. I would call them phones but those place and receive calls, what I have had are small wifi tablets since mobile data doesn't work either. I have been rooting and tinkering since 09 and this is the worst I have ever seen. A quick google search shows this is not an uncommon issue. Nice try though, glad you got lucky and got one outside the standard deviation of garbage radios. The hardware standards on this radio must have been atrocious.

ppipowerclass

Reaction score
So,I take you have a MAXX?

No, I have the Bionic with the standard Moto extended battery. The screen isn't quite as nice as the GNex, and the camera is slower ( because of the software ), but other than the locked bootloader, it's a pretty decent phone. I need a phone that RINGS when people call it. The GNex just didn't have a strong enough antenna for where I live at :(

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if this is an LTE issue. I was dropping signal every other time I'd turn my phone on for a couple weeks since they turned on the 4G in my area. The last 3 days, I've turned off the LTE, and only been running 3G, and haven't dropped signal once. I never had a problem with this phone until the 4G came on either.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I was in a moderate 4G area with my two 4G phones. The Samsung Charge saw 4G and keep it; the Nexus saw 4G but switched to 3G every time. There has to be differences in the radio/antenna's between phones. Also, these radio's can be tweaked with software updates, which I heard the 4.0.4 has when it gets released. The loss data from what I read is the phone authenticating to 4G; it fails and no data is allowed, causing the user to have to power cycle the device to try again. And friends have had to power cycle a couple of times to get it to work..lol. Sometimes putting phones into Airplane mode for 30 seconds or more the turn it off also can work as it has to re-authenticate. But most power-cycle.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Biggyboy

Reaction score
With My Bionic, I do a boot recovery - "Wipe Cashe" hard re-boot, and my 4G issues go away for quite a long time (Many Weeks). When it returns again, I do the "Wipe Cashe" all over again... :)