Need help with refurbished RAZRs.

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
First off I'm posting for my friend whos phone won't stay on for long enough for him to complete a post.

Short story he is currently on his 3rd Razr, 2nd and 3rd were both refurbished phones. Second one lasted about a two months, third one barely a week, rebooted 19 times already today. Verizon told him that they will send him another refurb right a way he just wants a new phone, he has called 611 and stop at a local Verizon shop who told him there is nothing that they could do.

Also if anyone knows of any tricks to getting it upgrade to a MAXX that would be better yet, he is about 10 months out of contract renew. A rep told him with all his problems she could restart his contract date but only with 2-3 phones (which all suck), whats the deal with that?

Anyway, I told him to just keep calling back until he got a hold of someone who could help him, but he is running out of patience.
Thanks

striker85

Reaction score
I'm on my fifth refurb phone now and this last time I was on the phone with a manager for a whole hour pushing a new phone instead of a refurb and he shut me down every time. They simply won't do it. I talked my way from a bionic to a RAZR Maxx but that was the best I could do.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, but I am still on my original Razr with no issues. Weird when I hear people having so many problems.

droidoesall

Reaction score
So your friend will most likely not get a non refurbished phone. The rep that gave him the option of upgrading early was making an exception that most reps or managers wont do. If he did take the option and got an early upgrade to one of the crappy phones they offered he will still have a "14 day worry free guarantee" which means he can return/exchange it for any make or model he wants and he just has to pay for a restocking fee. sooooo...

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I've heard about people that refurb after refurb and i wonder why verizons refurbished phones suck so bad